Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sadie's Mountain Review...


Synopsis

One fateful night, Sadie Sparks' young life was changed forever. Just as she was discovering love with her best friend, Dillon McGraw, someone else was plotting to take her for his own. Faced with choosing between the fear and threats and a safer life, Sadie leaves her West Virginia home for good.

A decade later, Sadie returns to Appalachia to care for her ailing mother, but stays to fight for the mountain she loves. Her struggles to protect it from being ravaged for coal put her in greater danger than she ever imagined — and back in the arms of the man she never stopped loving. But the man responsible for changing her life so many years ago is determined to keep her under his control. When she decides to break free, will Sadie and Dillon's bond be strong enough to endure the truth about his identity?


By Kayla:

 I was given a copy of Sadie’s Mountain for an honest review. I enjoyed this book. It had love and sadness. It made my heart hurt and made me cry but I love a good book that breaks my heart and brings me back together. I have to say that I loved this book. This is a book that was so easy to get emotionally involved. I felt connected to Sadie. You felt how she felt in moments of the book. It made me cry when she was hurting. Sadie had to get passed what had happened to her. Ten years later, she has to come home to a dying mom. The person that she always loved was there and they found that love again. This book was heart wrenching and wonderful. I really enjoyed this book. I will be looking for other books by Shelby Rebecca. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars!


Meet the Author

Originally from Wasilla, Alaska, I now live in Northern California in my first real house with my husband, John, daughter, Elise, and our two mutts, a beagle and an Australian terrier. I’m a vegetarian with a unique accent that merges Alaskan vowels with Valley Girl, and I love Ryan Gosling—but who doesn’t. The eco-theme in my book comes from being Healthy Child Healthy World's first ever Mom on a Mission in late 2009. My story was featured in People Magazine, Lifetime's Remarkable Women series, The Sacramento News and Review, and is a highlighted story on the advocacy website Care2. Sadie's Mountain is my debut novel.

Social Links


goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47

Buy the Book

sadie3D


giveaway





Follow the Tour

October 21


October 22


October 23


October 24


October 25


October 28


October 29


October 30


October 31


November 1


No comments:

Post a Comment