Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Bittersweet Catastrophe Review...


Title: Bittersweet Catastrophe (Second Chances #2.5)
Author: Maureen Mayer
Genre: New Adult/Coming of Age
Release Date: August 18, 2014



For•ev•er
(fɔːˈrɛvə; fə-): without end; everlasting; eternally

It might have taken twenty-two years to find Liberty, but now that Shayne has her, he’s not willing to let her go without a fight.

Shayne and Liberty finally found their forever, leaving Shayne’s past indiscretions behind and moving forward to start a life together. But what if forever wasn’t truly in the stars for them?

What should be one of the happiest times in their lives as newlyweds quickly turns into a race against time. Liberty must choose between accepting her fate and protecting her family, and taking a risk that
could ultimately end in more heartache.

Liberty’s decision will test the strength of their trust, but is it enough to keep Shayne from breaking down altogether and losing the woman he loves 



Amazon / B&N











Reviewed by Glendalys:

In order to understand this book I recommend you read Relinquishing Liberty and Unforeseen Heartbeat.

Shayne and Liberty are happily married and planning their future.  Part of those plans include having a family.  After months of trying Liberty discovers she is pregnant.  But what should be one of the happiest times in her life turns into something else.  This pregnancy should have brought her and Shayne closer but it's tearing them apart

I give this book 5 stars.

Being a big fan of Maureen Mayer I am a huge fan of her books.  I loved her other books is the Second Chance Series so I had high expectations for Bittersweet Catastrophe.  And let me tell you it met and exceeded each and every one.  I read the blurbs and the teasers but in no way did they prepare for the emotional journey that was about to take place.  I laughed, I cried, I got so pissed off that I wanted to break my kindle.  But reading each and every word was so worth it.  I so didn't expect the journey I went through, the things that happened but they were oh so good.  I so wanted Liberty and Shayne to get their happily ever after.  They deserved it and I needed to see it happen.  It was a beautiful story with lots of love and heartache that I would definitely read again.  I truly enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it to family and friends.
















Maureen Mayer was born, raised and currently resides in Buffalo, NY with her loving and supportive family and boyfriend of 9+ years. She’s always had a love for the outdoors, and when the city isn’t buried under snow, she can be found hiking, fishing, camping or lying on the beach. She’s a sucker for off-color humor, but holds a sweet spot for sick and twisted horror films. When she’s not writing, you can find her curled up in bed with her kindle, diving into a steamy romance novel and falling in love with the latest book boyfriend.













No comments:

Post a Comment