Saturday, September 28, 2013

Rachel Walter Author Spotlight

 


‘It’s going to take a fight, I know that. But it’s more than just a fight for my life. It’s a fight for my soul and my soul mate.’

Jazzy Williams is not your average coffee-loving teen. She's battling depression, an overprotective big brother, and a depressed mother, all while trying to make friends at her new school. In the first week, she meets a gorgeous green-eyed hottie who turns out to be more than just some high school crush -- he's more than human. And she unknowingly enrages a dangerous breed of demon who wants her soul and life as payment. With the help of supernatural friends and protectors, Jazzy thinks she's safe until what remains of her family is put in danger. Does Jazzy have what it takes to save her family, life, soul, and soul mate, or will all be lost?





 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            “Stop the car! Stop the car, now!”
            He glances in my direction looking concerned. “We’re about five minutes to the lake. Can’t you…”
            “Stop. The. Car. Seth.” I demand between rasping breaths.
            He pulls over alongside the road. There’s a fallen tree next to the car on my side, but there’s enough room for me to open the door. I wrench that sucker open and stumble out.
I need a minute to myself. Or twenty.
I walk towards the back of the car, step over the log and sit on it so I’m facing the trees, and away from him.
            Good Lord, I just heard his voice in my head.
Was that really his thought? Can I hear thoughts now? Wouldn’t that be mind reading?
Wow, maybe I am crazy.
Mind readers don’t exist.
Henry will have to admit me to the hospital, and I’ll share a room with Mom. Maybe I’ll have my own room, and the walls will be padded. I’ll get a straightjacket, and they’ll have to give some really strong medicine to knock me out.
Was I really biting my lip at the time?
Should I ask him if he thought that?
Oh, my God! No, I cannot ask him that!
He’ll think I’m a loon for sure! Maybe I should test it first. I’ll bite my lip and see if that voice pops in my head again.
I lean on my knees and put my head in my hands.
This is ridiculous! Just get back in the car you’re being a jagoff!
            I resist the urge to pull my hair out, and with a sigh, I stand. When I step back over the log, I look up to see Seth leaning against his back bumper, watching me.
            “Is everything okay?” he asks me slowly, like if he talks too fast I might run away. He has his arms crossed over his chest.
His muscular arms, over that perfect... Stop it already!
I squeeze my eyes shut. “Umm…well…” I take a deep breath, open my eyes, and look at him. Gathering whatever courage I can conjure up, I bite my lip on purpose.
He shifts a tiny bit and licks his lips.
It really was him in my head! I wasn’t hearing things! I was hearing him!
He takes a step towards me, and I take one back. But I forget about the log and end up landing on my ass with my legs draped over the log. I burst out laughing, and Seth laughs, too.
He reaches out his hand to help me up. With him laughing this hard, it’s easy to knock him off balance and pull him down to me. So I do.
            It feels nice having him like this, the pressure of his body on mine. I have one hand on his chest, the other grips his bicep.
Suddenly, we aren’t laughing anymore. We’re just staring into each other’s eyes. He leans down towards me, and I bite my lip again. He groans and closes his eyes as he gets closer to my mouth.
            “I heard you, Seth,” I whisper against his lips.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By Kayla:

I was given this book, True Connection for an honest review.  When I started this book, I had no idea what it was about. It truly was amazing and I loved it!!

Jazzy has experience in some very heart breaking tragedy in the last year and little does she know her world is about to be changed again. Jazzy meets Seth and knows right away he is special. Jazzy doesn’t know why she is so drawn to Seth but when he explains things to her, she has a hard time adjusting at first. She also learns there are others out there that are not human. She soon realizes not all of these immortals and creatures are good. She thought at times she was paranoid but finds out she has Defuxen, stalking her and they want her soul.
Jazzy cannot stand the thought of her friends and family because of the defuxen that is after her. When her family becomes a pawn in the defuxen's game to get to her she has to decide what to do. It isn’t easy. It was such an intense story. I loved every bit of it. I couldn’t put it down. It was truly an amazing read.

True Connection is written in Jazzy's POV. This works out great, because we get to see how the defuxen and her soul mate affect her emotions and life. With the many mind games played by the defuxen and her connection with Seth, Jazzy's struggles and emotions are put out there for everyone to see. It is hard on her because she is trying to figure out what the right thing to do is. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes paranormal romance. Rachel did a great job in writing this book. I can’t wait for the next book in this series to come out. I know it will be just as great as the first book. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Rachel lives in Central Pennsylvania, is a stay at home mom, has a wonderful husband, total of 4 kids, 3 of which are step kids. She's a true Pittsburgh Penguins and Steelers fan. She's an insomniac that loves coffee, Johnny Depp movies, and bonfires, dislikes driving on the interstate, bugs of any kind, and a too quiet house. When she's not playing with the people inside her head, making her family think she belongs in the loony bin or writing, she enjoys spending time with her family, finding new music, new books, helping someone, or plotting something equally crazy with her Critique Partners.


Paperback- 
Ebook- 
B&N- 
Lulu.com- 
Smashwords- 
Goodreads- 
                   - True Connection- 
                   - Soul Promise (Book 2)- 
Amazon- 
Blog- 
Twitter- 
Facebook- 
Pinterest- 
 Her next book will be titled A Message of Flowers.  It is a NA Contemporary Romance due out this coming winter.  Be sure to add it to your Goodreads to be read list:


No comments:

Post a Comment