Saturday, August 22, 2015

Ready to Reach Review...




Readers who have enjoyed the emotional stories of authors like Colleen Hoover may enjoy this live-your-dream story where "Inglath Cooper draws you in with her words and her amazing characters. It is a joy to pick up these books. There is just the right amount of love and romance with the perfect dose of reality. The dialogue is relatable and you just fall in love with the story." 

Ever thought a dream might pass you by? 

Nineteen-year old CeCe Mackenzie is determined to make her dreams come true. She heads for Nashville with not much more to her name than a guitar, a Walker Hound named Hank Junior and an old car she'd inherited from her grandma called Gertrude. But when Gertrude ends up on the side of I-40 in flames, Nashville has never seemed farther away. Help arrives in the form of two Georgia football players headed for the Nashville dream as well. When Holden Ashford and Thomas Franklin stop to offer CeCe and Hank Junior a ride, fate may just give a nod to serendipity and meant to be. Because while CeCe is chasing after her dream, she might find love as well. 

New Adult Romance where "the characters are so alive you can almost hear them next to you." 


REVIEW:

While I'm not completely sure that I like the way that this book started it turned out well. When I started reading I wasn't a fan. I felt that it was slow and it wasn't catching my attention at all. I wasn't sure what was happening and why things were happening the way they were but as I got further into the story (5 or 6 chapters in) it all started to get a little bit clearer.
The story is a good one and it reminds me of a movie that I used to absolutely love about Nashville that follows the new girl in town trying to make it in the music business. So the idea is there! However, I felt that some of the small details needed some work. I also think we needed a little bit more character development at the beginning of the book.
All in all it was a good book and I hope to read more of CeCe, Thomas and Holden's story as they try and make it in Nashville together!

4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment