Saturday, August 29, 2015

3 Seconds Review...


Title: 3 Seconds
Author: Bethany Lopez
Release DateAugust 25, 2015


Synopsis: A lot can happen in 3 Seconds. It's the space of time between walking onstage and stepping up to the mic. It’s that moment when your eyes meet across a crowded room and the chemistry between you is undeniable.

Bronagh has accomplished a lot in her thirty-five years. A successful pub owner and happy divorcée, she's learned to enjoy life, but have realistic expectations. Her past has taught her that it's best not to depend on others, but that doesn't mean she won't sample a tasty morsel when it's right in front of her.

After taking a break from culinary school to travel abroad, Brendan is back and eager to finish what he started. Although he relishes the nights he gets to play with his brothers in their band, and enjoys their healthy supply of groupies, he's ready to start acting like the twenty-something that he is…a fact he craves to prove with Bronagh.

What starts as a one-night-stand becomes more when Bronagh and Brendan realize that they can't walk away. But can a younger man who's prone to late nights and scantily-clad women convince a woman who's been hurt that age doesn't matter, and he's the man she needs?



EXCERPT:

“Okay, Bronagh, what’s the big emergency?” my friend Ming asked when we were all settled in the corner booth of mine and my da’s pub. “Not that I’m not always up for drinks, but you made it sound like you’d just found out that Henry Cavill is gay, and all hope for your future together was lost.”
            I smiled half-heartedly at her joke, but my mind was too boggled to fully appreciate her quick wit.
            I figured it was best to just rip the Band-Aide off quickly and get straight to the part where they agreed that I was right, and needed to forget that I’d ever seen Brendan naked.
            As if that could ever happen…
            “I went home with that lead singer the other night, had fan-freaking-tastic sex, and it turns out he’s one of my students at the culinary school.” That said, I let out a long breath, then picked up my dirty martini and took a swift drink.
            “Yay!” Cass, the third member of our trio, shrieked, startling me with her exuberance.
            I gave her the stink eye over my glass.


REVIEW:

I enjoyed this book.  It is the first book in the Time for Love Series that I have read and I would definitely go back and read some of the other books in the series.  Even knowing this was part of a series I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything and that is always a plus in stand alone series.

I truly loved the characters and the idea behind the story.  I did however think that the pace seemed to slow down in the middle.  Things seemed to move quickly at the beginning and the end but it slowed in the middle for me and I won't lie I almost put it down.  I am extremely glad I didn't though because once it got past that things got really good again.

4 out of 5 stars


About Author Bethany Lopez:
Award-Winning Author Bethany Lopez began self-publishing in June 2011. She's a lover of all things romance: books, movies, music, and life, and she incorporates that into the books she writes. When she isn't reading or writing, she loves spending time with her husband and children, traveling whenever possible. Some of her favorite things are: Kristen Ashley Books, coffee in the morning, and In N Out burgers.

Bethany Lopez is represented by Marisa Corvisiero of Corvisiero Literary Agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment