Tuesday, August 25, 2015

A Wayward Man Review...



Daniel O’Reilly has everything: the job of a lifetime and the love of the only woman he’s ever wanted. But the siren’s lure of gin calls to him, and Daniel can’t shake it. With each passing day, his life spins more out of control, until one night he’s wrongfully arrested for a murder he didn’t commit.
Shipping magnate’s daughter Kate Morgan knows her betrothed has flaws, but she’s determined to stick by him. Resourceful and smart, Kate believes that she can conquer their problems with force of will alone. But even she can’t stop Daniel from leaving, when the only other option is execution at Newgate Prison…


REVIEW:

I love period pieces and this one was no exception. However it wasn't an exceptional read I did truly enjoy it. There were a few things that I did not understand about the book like why he ran away but I guess there are questions in every book you read. If the author gave you all the answers then it's not much of a story is it. I don't know if I missed a key detail that answers that question.. I understand why he should have ran but not why he ran.
Anyways, I loved the characters, loved the general plot and idea behind the story and I loved how it flowed and kept pace. Great story and I will definitely be on the lookout for more of Erica's books!

4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment