Monday, February 6, 2017

The Way Life Was Forever Review...




Sun-dwellers are foul monsters that eat a human’s flesh from their bones…or so sixteen-year-old Lyra has always been taught. To keep their citizens safe, her colony seals itself into the vaults by day. 

Moonwalkers are horrible beasts that feed on the blood of men…at least, that is what Perseus was told. The only sure survival for his people is to lock themselves into their repositories each night. 

Both labeled as undesirable by their respective kinds, a fated meeting in the forbidden forest offers Lyra and Perseus an unexpected chance at happiness. If they can overcome their own prejudices and discover the truth about one another before time runs out. 

Can the sun-dweller and the moonwalker learn that when reality is distorted by hate and terror sometimes the only thing to truly fear is fear itself? 

THE WAY LIFE WAS FOREVER – a YA short story from award-winning author, Carey Corp.

From Carey: Since childhood, I've been infatuated with the short stories of Ray Bradbury and Philip K. Dick. The worlds they build and the tales they weave in a handful of pages leave me in awe. Personally, I love those loose ends that make it next to impossible to let a story go. Stories like "Roog" and "All Summer in a Day" still percolate in my brain. THE WAY LIFE WAS FOREVER, which draws its name from my favorite Bradbury tale, is exactly what I intended it to be...although, reader requests have inspired me to revisit this world as soon as my schedule allows. 

If you enjoyed TWLWF, you might want to check out my Twilight Zone-esque short story "The Vanishing Spring" in the ETERNAL SPRING young adult Anthology. Happy Reading!


~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!!!!

I was intrigued by this book to say the least.  There are two groups of people the daywalkers who supposedly eat human flesh and the nightwalkers wo supposedly drink blood.  When two people from the opposing groups meet and fall for each other in the span of 24 hours they learn the truth about each other.
 
I enjoyed the story line.  I felt like it was too rushed and it needed to be fleshed out more.  I get the general idea behind the book but I need more answers than I got at the end.  It ends really abruptly.  I also really liked the authors writing style.
 
All around decent book but it left me wanting.
 
3.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment