Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Beaumont Series Reviews...


I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after. 

I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile. 

And now I’m going back. 

After ten years. 

I hope I can explain that after all this time. 

I still want her to be my forever girl.



I felt like this book left off as a cliffhanger and I am concerned about starting the next book because while I want to see what happens between those two characters I am more interested in Liam and Josie’s story right now.

Anyways, I absolutely loved this book.  It went above and beyond what I thought it would and I finished it in only a few short hours.  I am definitely glad I went over my budget at the book signing and got all of her books.  Liam and Josie are both very enigmatic characters and I wanted to strangle the crap out of Josie sometimes but all in all the book was great.

This was the first of Heidi’s books that I read and I fell in love with her writing.  She has an amazing style of writing and I can’t wait to read the other books that I have by her and I’m pretty sure I have them all in some way shape or form.  Heidi brought to life a town of amazing characters and I can’t wait to follow them through more great books.

RATING:  5 out of 5 stars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Nick Ashford lost his friend, Mason, he didn’t realize he was going to lose his family as well, but that’s exactly what happened. Alone and in a foreign country, Nick is working on rebuilding his life one patient at a time, that is, until a striking volunteer makes her presence known.

Can Nick finish his year in Africa without risking his heart being broken again, or is he willing to start a new chapter in his life before his return to Beaumont?




I had been feeling bad for Nick during Forever My Girl and then you just abruptly stop hearing about him.  I was glad to find out that this novella was his story.  Heidi is an amazing author and I know there is more to this story and would absolutely love to have had a full length book about Nick, but was happy with the novella as well.  I am glad that you get to hear about their very short wedding ceremony...one of my pet peeves in books is reading about a proposal but never reading about the actual wedding.

For the length it was an absolutely fabulous book and I can't wait to read the rest of the series!  

RATING: 4.5 out of 5 stars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I expected a life of music.
I expected to raise my son.
It took one look to make everything change.
I never expected happiness.

I never expected to find her.
I never expected to feel desire.
I never expected I’d be a family man.
I never expected to be loved.
I never expected to fall in love.

They say you should expect the unexpected, I didn’t realize my unexpected would be the forever kind.



I struggled to get into this one.  It was good but it wasn't great to start out.  Nothing major really happened till about halfway through the book and then it got REALLY good.  This one was Harrison and Katelyn's story and boy is it a good one.  There were a few times I wished I could smack Katelyn and tell her to move on already.

I enjoyed watching Katelyn get used to her new position as band manager.  However I thought she struggled with her feelings way too long and if I were Harrison I would have smacked her around (gently and playfully not brutally) until she caved.  I couldn't believe how patient Harrison was with the whole situation.  I probably would have been like Josie and Liam and given up on even talking to her about letting somebody else in.

Another enjoyable book by Heidi and I can't wait to get through the next one.

RATING:  4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment