Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Holding Out Review...


Zara Edgingway is a twenty-six year old secretary. She has a daughter that apparently knows it all and a best friend that could possibly have the mouth of Satan, but she's been with her through hell and back. Then there's the hunk'a'licious biker neighbor finally showing interest in her. If only she wasn't about to face her next obstacle in life, the one she ran from six years ago; her ex-husband.

Talon Marcus is the president of the Hawks Motorcycle Club. For two years he's had his eye on the quiet, reclusive, yet sassy, neighbor Zara. Finally, he has the chance to claim her as his woman. Just when her past catches up with her, she'll need, not only his protection, but the help from his biker brothers.

Now, if only she'd stop fighting him along the way.


~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!!!!

I grabbed this book thinking it was the first book in the spin off series.  Needless to say I honestly had forgotten a lot of what happened in this book so I’m glad I grabbed it.
 
This is sexy Talon and hilarious Zara’s book.  All I can think about when I think about this book and the women is ‘their strange, their kooky, their all a little spooky’.  Yes the theme song from The Addams family is what I think of when I hear these women and Julian talk.    I absolutely love these characters.  The plot was better the second time than I originally found it.  I am officially out of my reading slump!  Everything was paced really well and moved effortlessly.  It was a hilarious read. 
 
This was well worth the re-read and I will definitely be going back and rereading Deanna’s story as well but I believe that is as far as I ever got with the series.  I own the complete series (or at least most of it) signed and in paperback.  So as soon as I get settled somewhere new and everything is out of storage it will be near the top of my list to read!  I love Lila’s writing because she brings so much of her book to life.  You feel like you are living these characters lives and in the book itself.  She will always be a top tear author for me.  I look forward to reading so much more by her in the future!
 
5 hogtied stars

No comments:

Post a Comment