Friday, January 12, 2018

Archie Graphic Novel Volume 1 Review...


America’s Favorite Teenager, Archie Andrews, is reborn in the pages of this must-have graphic novel collecting the first six issues of the comic book series that everyone is talking about. Meet Riverdale High teen Archie, his oddball, food-loving best friend Jughead, girl-next-door Betty and well-to-do snob Veronica Lodge as they embark on a modern reimagining of the beloved Archie world. It’s all here: the love triangle, friendship, humor, charm and lots of fun – but with a decidedly modern twist.

Brought to you by some of the masters of the comic book genre, including writer Mark Waid and the all-star lineup of artists: Fiona Staples, Annie Wu and Veronica Fish, the first volume of ARCHIE presents readers with a new take on the beloved Archie Comics concepts while retaining the best elements from the company’s 75 years of history. ARCHIE VOL. 1 collects ARCHIE #1-6 and features bonus content including scripts, sketches, variant covers and the full first issue of the all new JUGHEAD series by acclaimed writer Chip Zdarsky and artist Erica Henderson.
 

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!!!

This volume starts with Archie and Betty recently breaking up and ends with Archie and Veronica starting something up.  

Now I have to admit that when I bought these I knew they were new versions of the comics however, I thought they were based more around the show Riverdale.  This comic is nothing like either of them and I honestly don't know how I really feel about them at all.  I did not let that stop me from finishing.

I did enjoy the art work and the unique way they developed some of the characters.  I really liked seeing all of the bonus features included in the book.  

3.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment