Thursday, December 1, 2016

The Other Einstein Review...




A vivid and mesmerizing novel about the extraordinary woman who married and worked with one of the greatest scientists in history.

What secrets may have lurked in the shadows of Albert Einstein’s fame? His first wife, Mileva “Mitza” Marić, was more than the devoted mother of their three children—she was also a brilliant physicist in her own right, and her contributions to the special theory of relativity have been hotly debated for more than a century.

In 1896, the extraordinarily gifted Mileva is the only woman studying physics at an elite school in Zürich. There, she falls for charismatic fellow student Albert Einstein, who promises to treat her as an equal in both love and science. But as Albert’s fame grows, so too does Mileva’s worry that her light will be lost in her husband’s shadow forever.

A literary historical in the tradition of The Paris Wife and Mrs. PoeThe Other Einstein reveals a complicated partnership that is as fascinating as it is troubling.


~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!!!

I have always been intrigued by the lives of major collaborators to our existence today.  Einstein was one such person, or so I thought.  After reading this book, while it is fiction, has me thinking that this is not entirely true.  I am definitely interested in learning more on the subject of Einstein and his wife.  I have so many questions about what really happened between these two.  How much truth went into this novel?  More research on my part will go into answering the questions I have.
 
Anyways, this book follows Mileva Maric as she meets and falls for Albert Einstein in college.  She gives into his advances and never actually completes her degree.  Do they end up getting married and being a happy family?  Do they work together on their physics and mathematical discoveries?
 
While the book started out kind of slow for me and didn’t catch my attention at all, I continued to peruse the end of this book.  I love a book that will teach me more about historical figure heads or contributors to science and such.  This book truly contained two of the most famous physicists and scientist of their time, Marie Curie and Mileva Einstein.  I loved learning about Albert from another person’s POV as well. 
 
There were points where the book itself could have picked up the pace a bit or things could have been cut to change the pace as well, especially in the beginning of the book.  The characters were enticing and fun to read about.  The plot was interesting and enticing.  The flow was good as well.  I truly enjoyed Marie’s writing style and I will be looking for more books by her soon.  I love a book that entices you to learn more and while I am not hugely into the maths and sciences this book left me wanting to learn more about these characters in the long run. 
 
I have added this magnificent author to my must watch author list.  Her style is enticing and vivid.
 
5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment