Friday, August 23, 2019

Soulless Review...


Alexia Tarabotti is laboring under a great many social tribulations. 

First, she has no soul. Second, she's a spinster whose father is both Italian and dead. Third, she was rudely attacked by a vampire, breaking all standards of social etiquette.

Where to go from there? From bad to worse apparently, for Alexia accidentally kills the vampire--and then the appalling Lord Maccon (loud, messy, gorgeous, and werewolf) is sent by Queen Victoria to investigate.

With unexpected vampires appearing and expected vampires disappearing, everyone seems to believe Alexia responsible. Can she figure out what is actually happening to London's high society? Will her soulless ability to negate supernatural powers prove useful or just plain embarrassing? Finally, who is the real enemy, and do they have treacle tart?

~~~***~~~***~~~

REVIEW:


I found this book at the library and because I absolutely loved the Finishing School Series by Gail I grabbed it.  I did think it was her other series but I was not left disappointed I requested the Manga and the rest of the series as soon as I was half way through this book.

So this book follows the supernatural of London.  Alexia is a spinster who happens to be without a soul, also known as a Preternatural.  Lord Maccon is a werewolf who works as a supernatural liaison with B.U.R.  As the mystery they are trying to solve unravels and the full moon approaches can they survive?  Can they keep from falling in love?  Will the truth finally come out?

As before I loved the Finishing School series (still have to read book 4) and this one was no different.  Gail is a fantastic writer who throws you into a world that mixes upper and lower class into a supernatural world.  The writing seems seemless and flawless.  The characters were easily fallen in love with.  I loved Alexia's veracity from the very beginning and Lord Maccon's alpha spirit.  All the other characters blending flawlessly with the main characters and made the book even more enjoyable.

I look forward to continuing the series.  I am reading the Manga of book 1 and then will move onto book 2 (Changeless) and it's Manga.  I know that seems weird but I couldn't wait to dive into the Manga.

5 preternatural stars!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment