Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Carpe Corpus Review...


In the small college town of Morganville, vampires and humans lived in (relative) peace-until all the rules got rewritten when the evil vampire Bishop arrived, looking for the lost book of vampire secrets. He's kept a death grip on the town ever since. Now an underground resistance is brewing, and in order to contain it, Bishop must go to even greater lengths. He vows to obliterate the town and all its inhabitants-the living and the undead. Claire Danvers and her friends are the only ones who stand in his way. But even if they defeat Bishop, will the vampires ever be content to go back to the old rules, after having such a taste of power?

~~~***~~~***~~~

REVIEW!!!!

I am loving my reread of this series.  This book tells how they are fighting to get rid of Bishop for good.  Claire once again dies multiple times.  Shane starts out in prison.  Everybody is taking sides in the war for their town and Claire doesn't have a choice.  Can they all survive what is to come?

I love these books and I'm glad I decided to reread them.  I am going through the audiobooks this time and I absolutely love the narrator.  It is amazingly done and they make it easy to picture what is happening in the story.  I have one more book from the series available from Audible right now but I hope to get the rest of the series eventually.  So I will be taking a break from this series for a short while until I can afford the rest.

I love the characters of Morganville.  I love Rachel's writing style.  I love how each book basically picks up where the last one left off.  This is an amazing YA series and I highly recommend it to everybody.

5 divided stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment