Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Secret Words & Secret Designs Reviews:


Secret Words & Secret Designs
The Secret Dreams Series
By: Miranda P. Charles

SECRET WORDS (SECRET DREAMS CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE 1)
When Jasmine Allen met Kane Summers in the unlikeliest of places, she wasn't expecting the swift and immediate attraction she felt for him. But Jasmine had a secret she wasn't at all comfortable sharing with anyone, least of all, the hunky guy who was literally sweeping her off her feet.
Kane Summers was a sucker for damsels in distress. When he found himself wanting to protect Jasmine Allen in more ways than one, the instant chemistry they had for each other hit him squarely in the chest. But Kane's life was complicated, and he wasn't totally free to act on the fascination he felt for her.
Kane and Jasmine were fighting a losing battle to stay away from each other. But circumstances -- and certain people -- beyond their control were very much intent on keeping them apart.
How could they find their way past secrets and malicious intents to nurture a love that, if given the chance, could last a lifetime?
*****

Each book in the Secret Dreams series is a complete stand-alone novel that would give you enjoyment on its own. However, to enhance your experience of this series, the author recommends reading them in order.
Secret Words is the first of four steamy and sweet books from the Secret Dreams Contemporary Romance series.
Buy Links:

SECRET DESIGNS (SECRET DREAMS CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE 2
When Ari Mitchell had an unexpected one-night stand with her best friend's future brother-in-law, she had full intentions of moving on from it without any dramas. But Dylan Summers was someone she couldn't stop thinking about -- and wanting again. Problem was, he didn't do relationships.
Dylan Summers only allowed himself one-night stands for reasons only he and his two best friends knew about. But after his night with Ari Mitchell, he admitted to himself he had to be with her again, even if it meant making things very complicated.
Their mutual attraction was simply too strong for them to ignore. But how could Ari find a future with a man who avoided commitment? And how could Dylan open up to the woman who could heal his heart, when he feared her true motives for being with him?
*****
This is a stand-alone novel that would give you on its own.  However, to enhance your experience of this series, the author recommends reading them in order.
Secret Designs is the second of four steamy and sweet books from the Secret Dreams Contemporary Romance series.
Book 1: Secret Words (The love story of Jasmine Allen and Kane Summers)
Buy Links:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reviewed by Kayla - Secret Words:

I really enjoyed this book. I loved Jasmine and Kane’s story. It had a dilemma, romance, and passion. I love a good book and I think that Miranda did a good job in writing this story. It was a good standalone book. But I think it could have potential for more. Jasmine has a secret and Kane loves helping a woman in distress. They have this connection that can’t be broken or can it? I think this book is a good read and I would recommend it to my friends. I give it 4 out of 5 stars!



Reviewed by Kayla - Secret Designs:


I thought this was a great read after reading Secret Words. Ari has a one night stand with her best friends future brother in law and she plans on leaving it at that. Dylan likes to have one night stands but he has a secret. But he can’t stop think about Ari and Ari can’t stop thinking about him. This story has its twists and turns and you aren’t sure where it’s going to end up. But I think it was a wonderful read and I am so glad I got to read it right after Secret Words even though each book is a standalone. I loved it! I give a 4 out of 5 stars!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SECRET WORDS
 Kane's heart thundered in his chest and his body hardened.  There it was again, that delicious reaction to Jasmine.  He'd known her for less than twenty minutes and he already craved being close to her.  What was this called?  Instant chemistry?
He pressed her closer to him, wanting to bury his face in her long black hair that smelled like some exotic flower.
He was glad he had stayed behind and waited for her while she used the bathroom.  He'd always been a sucker for damsels in distress, especially when the damsel was as beautiful and attractive as the one in his arms.
He gently laid her down the blanket and immediately felt bereft when he released her.
"All right?" he asked.
Jasmine nodded, her eyes locking with his with a look of wonder that seemed to reflect what he was feeling.  Did she feel it too?  That irresistible pull between them?  She looked so mesmerising and vulnerable sitting there that he had a great urge to kiss her.
"Here, put your foot up on this, Jaz," Jessa said, placing a rolled-up jacket underneath Jasmine's left calf and breaking the spell that encapsulated them.
"Stop fussing.  I'll be fine," Jasmine told her sister.  "All I need now is my handbag so I can read from my phone, then you can look after your birthday boy.  He looks lonely without you over there."
"Which one is your bag?" Kane asked, wanting to continue to do something for her.
"Uh, that red one next to the white one," Jasmine replied, pointing her finger at the location of her purse.
He went to retrieve it for her.  On his way back, he noticed the curious looks Faye and Jessa were throwing at him.  You're being too obvious, he berated himself.
If things were different, he wouldn't have cared if anyone thought he was interested in Jasmine.  But he was in a messy, difficult situation with Hannah and he needed to fix things with her before he could move on.  Faye knew that and, knowing how close his sister was to her best friends, he was certain Jessa knew that, too.  He would be frowned upon if he pursued Jasmine at this time, and he couldn't blame them if they did.
He smiled at Jasmine as he handed her her purse then went to join the boys by the barbecue table.  Right now, it was all too complicated.  So he knew what he had to do.  Stay away from Jasmine.

SECRET DESIGNS
Arielle Mitchell shook her head, unable to believe the passionate woman who had been unleashed last night. Was that really her? She'd never been that responsive, energetic, or, okay, damned horny with anyone else before. If she hadn't known Dylan Summers beforehand, she might even suspect he had put an aphrodisiac in her drink or something.
Well, come to think of it, she really didn't know Dylan. She'd only met him once before, when her friend Jasmine Allen pleaded with her to accompany her to his birthday party six weeks ago. They only stayed for fifteen minutes, so she hadn't  even talked to him that much.
Yes, Dylan could very well be someone who would put an aphrodisiac in a woman's drink. What else could have made her so lustful last night?
She snorted at her ridiculous thoughts. Don't blame someone else for your wild and wanton ways, Ari!
Okay, then. The truth was Dylan turned her on, really turned her on; turned her on enough that she found herself doing things she'd never done before.
"Hi, Ari!"
Ari jumped at the sound of Jasmine's voice on the other end of the line.
Oh, right. She'd almost forgotten the phone against her ear, almost forgotten that she'd called Jasmine. To confess. Geez.
"Hi, Jaz," she responded. "Am I calling too early? Am I disturbing you guys?" She grimaced at the thought that Jasmine's boyfriend Kane might be listening in on their conversation.
"No, it's fine," Jasmine answered. "Is everything okay?"
"Yeah, yeah, everything's okay," she replied, trying to sound casual. "I just want to tell you something before you hear it from someone else."
"Okay."
Ari inhaled deeply, then spilled it out. "Last night when I went out with my workmates for Friday night drinks, I bumped into Dylan, Kane's brother. And, uh...well...I slept with him."
"What?" Jasmine asked in surprise.
"It was just a one-night stand," she explained hastily. "We're both very clear on that and we're both okay with it. I wanted to tell you because I'm not very good at keeping these things to myself. And it was already starting to bother me that you might hear it first from Dylan or one of his friends instead of me."
"Okay," Jasmine responded, still shocked from the news.
"You're fine with it, right, Jaz? And Kane would be okay with it, too?" she asked worriedly.
"Of course. As long as you and Dylan are okay with it."
"Yes, definitely. Like I said, we're both very clear it was just a one-night stand and we're both totally fine with that," she replied, feeling the need to repeat herself.
"Then there's no problem," Jasmine stated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since I was a young teenager, I have loved reading romance novels. My auntie used to send me boxes of her books and I would devour them one after another.
Every so often, I would read a mystery or a suspense or a paranormal novel as I love those genres too. But romance is still my favourite. :)
For many years, I wrote technical and non-fiction materials for professional use and had only dreamt about writing a novel. Then, one day, after a period of binge-reading sexy romances, I decided to sit in front of my computer and start writing my first fiction book. The result? My debut novel Will To Love, the first in the hot and sexy Lifestyle by Design series. After that, I knew that I would love to tell more beautiful love stories through my books.
I live in Sydney, Australia with my amazing husband who lovingly cheers me on in my journey as a novelist.




No comments:

Post a Comment