Thursday, May 9, 2013

Graphic Novels...


GoodReads Book Description:

In the first installment of New Moon, Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires: the Volturi.



My Review:

I love the Twilight books and I loved the first two graphic novels.  We got this one at the library yesterday and after putting it in the library system I sat down and read it today.  It took me maybe four hours while helping patrons to read this book.  I absolutely LOVED the artwork in this book.  The only issue I had was that it ended where it did.  I feel like it should have gone just a little bit further in the story for a good stopping point.  It is still an amazing book and since I know what happens it isn't a big deal but it's definitely a cliff hanger if you haven't read the other books.  I'm not a big fan of cliffhanger books in general even if I have read them before...lol.

My Rating:

5 out of 5 stars
the artwork makes up for the cliffhanger!


GoodReads Book Description:

Four disparate high school seniors come together to compete in their school's battle of the bands. Sharing a love for playing rock and roll, the members name the band "The Stereotypical Freaks" because they feel stereotyped by their classmates - smart kid, geek, star athlete and quiet weirdo… when in fact they know they are much more than those labels that have been placed on them.

When one member reveals life altering news, winning the competition takes on more of a meaning to each member. Scared and angry, upset and yet still with a lot of resolve they set out to win one for the good guys… will they?



My Review:

I didn't really get this book.  Maybe it was just reading it on my Kindle but it was just really slow and I kept falling asleep while reading it.  It has an interesting story plot but the story just didn't keep my interest and the artwork was good just not great.  It is based in the Pittsburgh, PA area and it is based around High School kids and a battle of the bands.  Probably better for the Young Adults than anybody else.

My Rating:

2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment