Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Who We Were...

wwwreleaseday
  
Pageflex Persona [document: PRS0000038_00074]
My Papai always said wine made everything better. Countless times he uttered those familiar words to me— “The Merlot will melt your problems away meu amor. With a good bottle of wine in your hand, you hold the magical key to anything you want.”


I believed my father whole heartily, until my world came crashing down on me at twenty-four years old.

It wasn’t going to take wine to help Brody and I find our way back to one another. It was going to take fighting … not only for our love—
But for my life.





wwwteaser2

Her eyes met mine, and I swear I’d never felt my stomach twist and turn like that. She was gorgeous. Dark brown hair pulled up neatly on her head, green eyes that danced with excitement, and skin that looked like it had been kissed by the sun. When I accidentally brushed my hand across her shoulder, my entire body caught fire.

It only took me a few minutes to get myself back under control so I could speak to her, but the jerk sitting across from her started talking to her.

“So, Brynlee, what are you getting your degree in?” he asked.

Brynlee smiled politely, but I got the feeling she didn’t want to talk to him. “Business management.”

Bingo. My cue.

“Really? Same here,” I cut in as I turned to Brynlee. “Well, chemical engineering with a minor in business.”

Brynlee turned and looked at me with the sweetest smile. I actually had to concentrate on breathing while I looked at those beautiful bee-stung lips. “Wow, that’s impressive. I wonder if we’ve had any classes together?”

Hell no. I’d remember seeing this beautiful creature.

“Must not have.”

Keeping the grin on her face, she shrugged. “Well, some of those classes were huge. You could have been in the back or something.”

I lifted my beer and took a drink as Brynlee’s eyes fell to my lips. Setting my beer back on the table, I gave her a panty-melting smile, ensuring to show my dimples. She seemed to like them. Her breath caught every time she looked at them. “I’m pretty damn sure I’d have noticed you if you were in any of my classes, Brynlee.”


kellyelliott
Kelly Elliott is married to a wonderful Texas cowboy who has a knack for making her laugh almost daily and supports her crazy ideas and dreams for some unknown reason...he claims it's because he loves her!


She’s also a mom to an amazing daughter who is constantly asking for something to eat while her fingers move like mad on her cell phone sending out what is sure to be another very important text message.

In her spare time she loves to sit in her small corner overlooking the Texas hill country and write.

One of her favorite things to do is go for hikes around her property with Gus....her chocolate lab and the other man in her life, and Rose, her golden retriever. When Kelly is not outside helping the hubby haul brush, move rocks or whatever fun chore he has in store for her that day, you’ll find her inside reading, writing or watching HGTV.


Brought To You by:

No comments:

Post a Comment