Monday, October 10, 2016

Mastiff Audio Book Review...


The Legend of Beka Cooper gives Tamora Pierce's fans exactly what they want—a smart and savvy heroine making a name for herself on the mean streets of Tortall's Lower City—while offering plenty of appeal for new readers as well.

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW

Holy crap.  Needless to say I listened to this book in my car everyday and I guarantee you that everybody driving around me thought I was insane.  I was either squealing with joy, laughing out loud, making comments about the book out loud to myself or crying big old tears.  At one point I got so excited I forgot where I was and actually took my hands off the wheel to clap excitedly (good thing my alignment is good because my car continued to go straight…lol).
So this is the conclusion to the Beka Cooper Trilogy and it is moving beyond words.  In this book it is the night of the funeral of Beka’s betrothed (another dog) when she is called away on a mission of the highest level.  On the mission she is joined by her companion Tunstall, Lady Sabine (a lady knight) and a unique Mage named Farmer (major comic relief).  They are also joined by Pounce, Achoo and the Lady’s war horses.  They encounter all kinds of trouble on the road as they search for their query.  Battles, epic love affairs and the unexpected happen in this book.
Way to go on that plot twist at the end Tamora, I absolutely never saw that coming.  I mean WTF they have been working together for what 4 years and then that happens.  I just can’t put into words how deeply this book moved me.  I fell in love with a character in this series and by the end of this book I had so many emotions for said character running through me that I didn’t know what to think.  I honestly hated him, then pitied him, then hated him again, all in the matter of minutes.  Tamora makes you fall in love with the with the original characters even more and the new characters just as much.  If you are wondering yes you could read each book in this series as a stand-alone but they are so much better together.
I have so many gloriously mixed emotions about this book it isn’t even funny.  I know I have said this in each review for this series but, if you have not read these three books at least you really should.  Yes they are by far the biggest books in the entire Tortallan saga.  They are the first books in the saga if you are reading them in chronological order by time period instead of date written.  I believe I have the next book for a chronological read on my external hard drive so I will have to start listening to it soon.  So in love with this saga and I don’t think I remember loving any of the books in this series as much as I love this book in particular.  Happy reading!
5 emotional stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment