Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Legend Audio Book Review...


Once known as the western coast of the United States, the Republic is now a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors, the Colonies. 

Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a military prodigy. Obedient, passionate, and committed to her country, she is being groomed for success in the Republic's highest circles. 

Born into the slums of the Republic's Lake Sector, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem. 

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths—until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Now, caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. 

But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW

So this series has been on my TBR list for a few years now and I can't believe I put it off so long.  I have absolutely no words.  The reason I put it off is because I heard it was like a mix of The Hunger Games with a little bit of Divergent thrown in.  I didn't like Hunger Games at all so I wasn't thrilled with that comparison and kept putting this book off for that reason.  Needless to say I picked up the graphic novel of the book while I was at the library waiting for the Fierce Reads Tour Event and made it half way through.  I looked for the graphic novel at my local library and only found the audio book so I checked it out.  So much better than Hunger Games, you have no freaking idea how much I love this book.

Anyways, about the book.  Day and June are two teenagers who both had perfect scores on their trials/test.  They were born into completely different social standings.  When Day finds out that his family have become sick he tries to obtain the cure.  In the process something happens that pulls June into the picture.  Can Day and June learn the truth about what is going on before everything goes completely wrong?  Who will survive this crazy story?

Amazing character growth with awesome dynamics.  Flawless and amazing plot.  The development of the characters, plot, flow and pace worked extremely well together.  As this was an audio book I have to also point out that the narrators did an amazing job as well.  I fell in love with this book.  That ending though.  Wow.  So freaking amazing and if you are driving and don't know what's coming then I recommend not listening to the last disc in the car because it isn't all that safe to drive and cry.  

The last disc had a major scene that I never saw coming.  I did some major squealing, crying and hitting the steering wheel as I drove home today.  Intense!  Loved every second of it though!

5 legendary stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment