Saturday, January 14, 2017

The Dark Hunters Volume 1 Manga Review...


In the war against vampires, mankind has only one hope: The Dark-Hunters. Ancient warriors who died of brutal betrayal, the Dark-Hunters have sworn themselves into the service of the goddess Artemis to protect us.
It’s a pact with pretty good perks. Immortality, power, psychic abilities, wealth and a cool wardrobe. But it comes with a few drawbacks: fatal sun poisoning and a new, irreparable dental problem. But aside from the fangs and nocturnal lifestyle, it’s not so bad.

Until Kyrian meets the most frightening thing imaginable. An accountant who’s being hunted by one of the most lethal vampires out there. If Amanda Devereaux goes down, so does he and no offense, he doesn’t want to die (hence the whole immortality thing). And he doesn’t want humanity dead either which is a good thing for us since he and Amanda are all that stands between us and oblivion. Let’s hope they win.

From the wild imagination of Sherrilyn Kenyon comes the humorous and suspenseful manga debut of the #1 internationally bestselling Dark-Hunter series. The world of manga will never be the same again.

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!!!

So I have read a few of the book revolving around the dark hunters and have never read a manga before so I decided why not.

I love the world of the Dark Hunters and this one was fun and different for me.  Kyrian is an ancient prince who turned Dark Hunter when he is betrayed by his wife.  Amanda is twin to one of the most noteworthy vampire hunter in the area.  When they are both kidnapped can they rescue each other?  Can they find the people they are meant to be?  Can they forge a new bond together?

Having never read a Manga it took me a little while to get used to reading backwards.  I absolutely loved the characters and the the story.  It was fun and unique and you learn a lot about what a dark hunter is and why they are here.  I thought the art was fun and gorgeous even in black and white.

If you love the Dark Hunter universe and haven't read this then you really should.  I look forward to start reading more of these books (as soon as I get them out of storage) again.  I do have a few more to collect and look forward to doing so.  I love Sherrilyn's writing.  She was among the first adult fantasy authors I read and I fell in love almost immediately.

4.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment