Thursday, January 19, 2017

Dragonfly in Amber Review...


For nearly twenty years Claire Randall has kept her secrets. But now she is returning with her grown daughter to Scotland’s majestic mist-shrouded hills. Here Claire plans to reveal a truth as stunning as the events that gave it birth: about the mystery of an ancient circle of standing stones . . . about a love that transcends the boundaries of time . . . and about Jamie Fraser, a Scottish warrior whose gallantry once drew a young Claire from the security of her century to the dangers of his.

Now a legacy of blood and desire will test her beautiful copper-haired daughter, Brianna, as Claire’s spellbinding journey of self-discovery continues in the intrigue-ridden Paris court of Charles Stuart . . . in a race to thwart a doomed Highlands uprising . . . and in a desperate fight to save both the child and the man she loves.

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~
REVIEW!!!

I am falling deeper and deeper in love with both the characters and the story line of this series.

I must say that I did watch the first two seasons of the TV show before reading the first two books because well I couldn't get my hands on the books right away but could grab the DVD's.  I am extremely happy about the fact that the show seems to have followed the books ALMOST exactly.

Now in this book Claire and her daughter are visiting Scotland where the truth finally comes out.  As the present story unfolds Claire retells the stories of the past.  But does Claire find out what happened to Jamie after the battle or did he die in battle like she has thought for the last twenty years.

While the plot of this book can be kind of confusing as it jumps back and forth from present to past, it is well worth the read.  I read this as an audio book because otherwise I would have never made it through the book or series.  I absolutely adore the narrator she brought the book alive for me.

I look forward to continuing the series with Voyager next month (I already downloaded the ebook and audible book).  I can't imagine what could possibly happen next and I look forward to finding out really soon.

5 FANTASTIC STARS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment