Friday, January 6, 2017

City of Heavenly Fire Review...


In this dazzling and long-awaited conclusion to the acclaimed Mortal Instruments series, Clary and her friends fight the greatest evil they have ever faced: Clary's own brother.

Sebastian Morgenstern is on the move, systematically turning Shadowhunter against Shadowhunter. Bearing the Infernal Cup, he transforms Shadowhunters into creatures out of nightmare, tearing apart families and lovers as the ranks of his Endarkened army swell.

The embattled Shadowhunters withdraw to Idris - but not even the famed demon towers of Alicante can keep Sebastian at bay. And with the Nephilim trapped in Idris, who will guard the world against demons?

When one of the greatest betrayals the Nephilim have ever known is revealed, Clary, Jace, Isabelle, Simon, and Alec must flee - even if their journey takes them deep into the demon realms, where no Shadowhunter has set foot before, and from which no human being has ever returned...

Love will be sacrificed and lives lost in the terrible battle for the fate of the word in the thrilling final installment of the classic urban fantasy series The Mortal Instruments!

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~
REVIEW!!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!  If you have not read these books go get them now and start reading!

So I had been reading this on my lunch breaks but when I got to the last 200-ish pages I had to stop taking it to work with me!  I was sitting at my desk reading and literally almost burst into tears.  I came home tonight (Friday) and immediately sat down to finish reading it and I absolutely cried through the end.  I am so excited to go through and read the other series.  I currently have The Bane Chronicles and Tales From the Shadowhunter Academy in multiple formats ready and waiting!!!

This is the final installment of The Mortal Instruments series and it wraps everything up neatly or leads into the other books.  I am really hoping we eventually see a wedding for Clary and Jace.  I am also interested in seeing what happens with Alec and Izzy's relationships.  I don't want to let these characters go.  However, I am excited to move on and meet some of these other new characters.  At one point I had tried to read the Infernal Devices but really struggled to get into them however I am so ready to add them back into my must read list!

I absolutely love Cassandra Clare's writing style and the world's she has created.  I am in awe and hope to one day create a world like it myself one day.  But I digress...I had only one issue with this book and that was the chapter length.  I felt like the long and split up chapters kind of slowed the book down and messed up the flow a bit.  Normally this would bring the rating on a book down for me but with the tears and the plot and the ending of a series that is wrapped up so nice and neat I just can't let that get in the way.

I look forward to try reading Tales From the Shadowhunter Academy again now that I know what they are talking about with regards to Simon.  I am also intrigued to find out what happens with Julian and Emma in The Dark Artifices series.  I have been intrigued by Magnus since book one and am excited to read his book.  Then there are Tessa Gray and Brother Zachariah which I vaguely remember being named in Infernal Devices!  

So many great spin off series that include so many great characters.  I honestly never want to Shadow Hunter world to end!  Keep on writing amazing journey's and I will keep reading them!  I wish I could give this book infinite stars but in place it gets:

5 outstanding stars!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment