Saturday, January 28, 2017

Going Long Review...




They fell in love in high school and found their way back to one another despite the odds. But can first loves really be forever? For Reed Johnson, the dream was always football. But then Nolan Lennox took over his heart. Is he willing to give up his first love just to keep his true love? Or will he be too late? 


Reed and Nolan’s story continues in "Going Long," sequel to "Waiting on the Sidelines."

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!!!

So I read book one in this series in either late 2015 or early 2016 before I got bombarded by review tours again.  I loved that book so now that I am taking a small hiatus from review tours I would read book two.  I didn’t remember much about the first book but I remembered the basics.
 
Reed and Nolan are struggling in this book.  With the long distance relationship things are blown out of proportion and Nolan slumps into a deeper and deeper depression.  Reed finally figures out how stupid he has been and tries to fix things.  Does he figure it out in time?  Does Reed’s mother finally make an effort?  Who ends up married in the end?  Do they get a second change to make things right?
 
I actually cried randomly through out this book.  I am not a crier and it is a rare occasion when a book drives me to tears like this one did.  I felt like the things in this book were actually happening to me.  I was Nolan, I felt her pain and her insecurity with the situations thrown at her.  This book covered some deeper and more sensitive topics that I have rarely come across in a book.  I loved watching the characters figure out what they wanted and who they were.  Even more I loved watching them grow back together in the end.  No matter what life threw at them and how stupid they were they were strong enough to over come it all.
 
I hope to one day read more books by this author.  She has an amazing writing style.  She is also a great story teller.  I did hit a few spots where the book lagged but all in all it was an amazing book and I didn’t want to stop reading!
 

5 strong stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment