Friday, September 6, 2013

Wunder Series Review...


Dreamz (Wunder 0.5)

by A.R. Von

Genre: Fantasy, Erotica, Paranormal

Release Date: June 11, 2013


A World of Turmoil and Yearning...

Wunder may have a normal life now…well, as normal as a freak of nature could have. Half zombie while her job is to hunt bloodthirsty creatures to protect the innocent. It’s the dreams that haunt her and they aren’t nightmares. Wunder dreams of a man, a man made just for her. Is he real, can he be the one she‘s yearned for?

Pete’s world is a lonely one as he wrestles with the reality of being part zombie. His hatred for the creatures that killed his parents drives him to patrol the streets and wipe them all out. His life would be stark, but for the dreams he’s been having; of a woman, so sensuous, so sexy. These alluring visions have become erotic and consuming. He feels as if he made her up to keep from going crazy. Is this life of hunting the walking dead, all there is? Or is she out there, waiting…just for him?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I might have a normal life now—well as normal of a life a freak of nature that lives in a world filled with infected people can have.  Normal…as in training daily to fight and kill to stay alive as well as keep others safe. But it was a bit difficult for me growing up. No mother, abnormal genes and being raised by a single parent, my father, Lance.
Don’t get me wrong, he’s the best father a girl could ask for. I think he did an excellent job raising me. He taught me everything I know and then some. Well, with the exception of a few minor details that a father prefers not to discuss with his only daughter, you know, the ‘sex talk’.
When I was checked over just recently, the doctors determined that I could have children, just like any other woman in the world. As a result, my dad actually had one of the local female physicians give me the talk. Oh yea, that was fun! I believe I had Doc Smith blushing when I blurted out everything I knew. Which I have mostly learned from the guys at the training center and my team mates. They always speak openly and boldly of their conquests and love lives.
Then of course, there are my dreams. I’ve not told her about those though. She said I knew an awful lot for not having experience in that area. THAT made me blush and we ended that conversation right there.
My dad couldn’t look me in the eye that evening when I got home. I was smiling the entire time, knowing how awkward he felt about having to send me to someone else for the talk. I didn’t tease him or anything though, despite my constant grin. Well, I did in my mind, but I knew he would be even more uncomfortable if I did. I couldn’t do that to him. He’s had enough to deal with, just having to hold on to the secret. The secret which lives within in me. He’s kept it for so long, on top of having to continue living with the loss of his one true love and soul mate, my mother Jasmine.
There are some others beside my dad and myself, who know what I truly am, but not many. My dad had no other choice but to try and find out more about me and what to expect as I grew and developed. He wanted to be prepared in case of anything happening because of my DNA. There seems to be no other part zombies of any sort around. So, he went to a couple of his closest friends who worked in the medical field, and they ran a multitude of tests on me. Comparing me to other humans, other zombies, even a few animals (to date there’s never been an infected animal of any type).
I don’t remember much about most of it. I was way too young to hold those memories. I do recall lights, very bright ones and some smells. I now know what one particular scent was. Zombies. Boy, do those suckers stink! I think it’s my heightened senses that make it so bad. I’d describe their scent as a combination of the stink in the air which comes into a car window when driving by an old sewage plant on a very hot day, combined with a rotted corpse. The smell of death reeks!
My dad always tells me he doesn’t smell them the way I do. Not even close. He can only smell them when he’s up close and getting personal with handing them their death. One of those ‘up close and personal meet the end of my machete’ types of meetings. He’s been by my side for all of it. He still is to this day. Even every month, when I have to go renew my proof of living, he’s right there by my side.
He insists on being there in case any changes occur within me. So, I won’t have to feel alone or frightened.
    All they do to process anyone for their proof of living (which everyone has to go through no less than once a month) is prick your finger to draw a bit of blood. I guess you could say it’s somewhat similar to what a diabetic would do to test their blood sugar. Except in this case, they’re checking for a different sort of abnormality within. You know, the fucked up infected kind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By Missy:


This is a story about a woman who is almost 25 years old named Wunder. She is living in a time where there are many people who are infected & became zombies. She has been raised by her Father as her Mother was bitten by a zombie when she was 8 months pregnant with her. Because  her mother was bitten  she has a secret that she has been hiding for years... she is part zombie & she can sense when the zombies are closeby and she has more strength and higher senses than normal humans have.  Recently Wunder has been having increasingly hot, erotic dreams about a man she has never met before but would love to meet now. She work & trains everyday with RIP 1 (Resilient Infected Police). A group of 5 people who hunt and kill zombies while protecting humans in their area. On this particular day her & her partner get sent out to a different area with part of another team. Her partner knows about her secret and she tells him she senses close to  100 zombies closeby. Once they take care of the zombies and clear the area they are walking back to the group of other RIP officers and she hears "HIS" voice. Yes it is the man from her dreams, she can't take her eyes off him and then he turns and they stand staring at each other. She finally breaks eye contact and walks away and then asks her partner who he is to which he replies "Pete". At this time Pete is astounded becauses he has been having extremely sexual dreams about her too. He then asks his partner Raul what her name is, when he tells him Pete is almost jealous because he knows her so well.  So now he decides he must get to know her better as soon as he gets settled in town. 

Although it was very short (almost like a couple chapters instead of a book), I found that I enjoyed it. I did find a couple grammatical errors but that didn't really bother me.  It had points of view from both lead characters. I would love to have seen it go further in this book.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Approach (Wunder #1)
by A.R. Von
Genre: Fantasy, Erotica, Paranormal
Release Date: February 14, 2013

Wunder isn’t your average girl, in fact, she isn’t even an average human. In a world ravaged by Zombies, she was born amidst the chaos. Where can a girl like her find the man of her delicious dreams? She has an idea and it leads her to the hottest new club in town, where she finds what’s been missing in her life.


Pete has his own secrets to tell, and when they come together, another story unfolds while the sparks fly.


Content Warning: 
This title is intended for readers over the age of 18 as it contains adult sexual situations and/or adult language, and may be considered offensive to some readers.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twenty five years ago, the spread of the virus was out of control. My parents were just trying to survive, and keep their unborn child safe. It was a dark time for the world—for my parents.
I’ve heard the stories from some who escaped being infected. I’ve heard many things about that time in history, when everything went to hell. These people remained normal though, they were average human beings.
As for me, I’ve never known what it was like to be fully human—I was born a quarter zombie.
My parents were what you would call bad-asses, they’d survived the infection and the swarms of biters for a long time, because they did what they had to do. They weren’t scared of the blood and the gore—they did what was needed to survive.
All was going as well as could be expected, considering the chaos happening in the world, with the desperate search for food and drinkable water. Every day was a quest to live, and to keep from being a meal—yourself.
One day, my parents were out looking for supplies and were attacked by a hoard of the infected. It was a close call for them, being overpowered by an abundance of vile, blood hungry zombies, who basically ambushed them.
My father used a hatchet, combined with a few other weapons, concealed on his body to behead and permanently destroy everything in his path.
Eight months pregnant, my mother carried light weight guns and plenty of ammo on her person. She was taught by her husband to aim and shoot—with no hesitation.
Both of them took down zombie, after nasty zombie while holding their position, back to back to one another.
They didn’t see the one slimy fucker on its belly, crawling its way toward their right side. It bit my mother on her ankle. Screaming in pain and terror, she kicked the bastard in the face, while still shooting others down.
My father swiftly pointed his 9mm at the scum’s head, turning its brains to permanent sauce. They both finished off the rest of the obnoxious pests, before running as fast as possible toward the safety of their house. Once back home, my father was a frantic mess. Although, my mother continued to tell him she felt fine, he feared help would be too late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By Missy:

In this Book, The story starts out giving a history of what happened with her mother being bitten by a zombie when 8 months pregnant for her and how she is a quarter zombie herself. Her parents had survived for a very long time all the chaos & because of that had been quite the "bad-asses" in their time. After another very erotic dream she takes a cold shower then gets ready to go to work. She has breakfast with her father & discusses the day, telling him she will be late because she is going to a new club. She has decided she is going to go find this man of her dreams. Even though she has no sexual experience she needs to meet him and quench her desires. She arrives at the club & after proving she is alive she is allowed in and she goes to the bar all the while she is looking around for this man Pete. She finally spots him
across the room staring at her. He comes over and introduces himself. They talk and have a few drinks, then go to dance all the while the heat is building between them and neither one of them can explain it. They then retreat to a back room to quench their thirst for one another. Neither one has ever been with another person sexually but things come so naturally, its just as it is supposed to be. After they have satisfied each other they lay together for a few minutes and then Pete tells her he has something he has to tell her. He is nervous but believes she has a right to know. She starts to get nervous until he tells her he is part zombie because his mother had been bitten when she was in labor with him. He was confused because she stood there smiling at him and then she came to him and told him she was too. While they were talking he tells her he has restricted access to a place where doctors are holding some infected zombies and they are doing test on them, trying to cure them. He also tells her he believes her mother is there. She can't believe this but thinks one person can confirm it - her father, who has never told her exactly what happened after her birth, she had always assumed she had been killed. They go to talk to her father and her tells her the whole story about her mother and he confirms that her mother is in fact there. They go there and she sees her mother and her mother recognized her right away and she knows her life is going to be different from now on. 


This "book" was also very short but I enjoyed it too. These 2 books are great for short reads when someone doesn't have much time but wants something short, sweet, & hot. I would have liked to see this go further with her mother & with Pete. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~These are the songs on the playlist~
Ø Radioactive-Imagine Dragons
Ø Lazy Eye- Sliversun Pickups
Ø 7 Words Lyrics-Deftones
Ø Cinema-Skrillex
Ø Round and Round- Imagine Dragons
Ø 1940- The Submarines
Ø Promises (Skrillex & Nero Remix)- Nero
Ø Phenomena- Yeah, Yeah Yeah's
Ø Bleeding out -Imagine Dragons
Ø Tapesong- The Kills        
Ø Skrillex & Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley - Make It Bun Dem
Ø Lie Lie Lie  - Serj Tankian
Ø Demons- Imagine Dragons
Ø Heads Will Roll - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Ø Chop Suey! - System Of A Down
Ø Scars On Broadway - They Say

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A.R. is a mother of two entertaining teen boys (as well as a lovely fawn Chihuahua, whom she considers her furry daughter.) She’s also a wife to a delightfully handsome and amazingly funny man-beast. She’s an avid reader of many genres which include (but are not limited to) erotica, paranormal, ménage, thriller, fantasy, YA, western (have to love a hot cowboy or two here and there) and some historical. She also loves to exercise, listen to music, hike, cook, dance and write.

She writes to free her mind of its constant wondering and loves the fact she can share it with readers that have the same passion for a great story.

She also loves to hear from her reader’s and chat away, so feel free to reach out to her any time.


No comments:

Post a Comment