Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Conquer Review...


***Content Warning - This is a new adult fiction with mature themes. It contains graphic sexual situations, mature language and explicit description of sexual violence.***


Conquer is the third book in the Control series. This description contains spoilers for those who have not read books one and two in the series, entitled Control and Conflict.

Private Investigator, Paige Stone’s world was shattered when she learned truths about her past. Following her discovery, Paige is forced into a situation where she needs to accept that, although a person can control their mind and body, the circumstances of their lives are far outside their grasp. As Paige struggles with coming to terms about events in her life, she is also put through the harrowing task of learning when to fight and when to let go.

Strong-willed and arrogant, Daemon Pierce agrees to help Paige on her hunt for Chris. As Daemon instructs her how to fight with both body and mind, he breaks down the final walls she has built around her heart.

Paige and Daemon’s emotional journey concludes as they learn the meaning of love and forgiveness, and ultimately...surrender.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fiddling with my fingers, I attempted to avoid looking at him while he processed the information I’d provided.  When he finally spoke again, I jumped slightly.  “It pisses me off knowing Chris has been following you this whole time.  I don’t fucking understand how he got your tag number.  I followed you out that night to make sure you stayed safe!”   His hand hit the steering wheel with a loud thump. Taking a breath to calm himself, he sagged back in his seat.  “Regardless, you may be right about his reason for fixating on you.  So, you need to keep that in mind at all times.  No more fucking stunts on your own, okay?”
“I know, Daemon.  I already promised that to you.”
Nodding his head, he turned the truck sharply into his garage.  After pulling into a space, he turned the vehicle off, but didn’t move to open his door.
His eyes remained trained straight ahead as he said, “Damsel, if Chris were to ever get ahold of you again, he’s not going to play around with you anymore.  You’ve escaped him twice, humiliated him four times, if you count those escapes.   It’s unlikely he’d wait long before killing you.”
His head suddenly swung to look in my direction.  The desperate plea in his eyes caused my breath to hiccup.  “Paige, I can’t lose you, not like that.  If I ever have to let you go, I want it to be when we are old and silver.  I want a life behind us, memories behind us; possibly kids…who knows?  All I know is that I would lose my mind if I lost you before then.”
My heart skipped, as my throat closed.  Tears threatened my eyes and my nose became stuffy.  I never understood why a heavy emotional reaction felt like an illness, but the symptoms were definitely the same. 
Having no words in response to his, I lunged over.   My hands buried themselves into his hair as my mouth took possession of his.  My body prickled at the feel of his warm mouth upon mine and I greedily sought more of him with my tongue.  My chest heaved with intense desire, a churning sea of hormones and…love.  Needing to be closer, I climbed over to straddle him.   I pulled away from our kiss to look deep in to his sparkling blue eyes.  When our gaze locked, heat bloomed throughout my body.  My hands found the hem of my shirt and I pulled up on the material, freeing it before tossing it to the floor.  Daemon’s hands instantly found my breasts, squeezing to the point of pain.   Lightning shot through me from where he touched causing me to arch further into his hold.  A moan escaped my lips as his mouth found my neck.   This man did things to my body that I never knew were possible.  He made me feel dirty, but in a way that was only meant for him.  I lost all inhibition around him, not caring about what I was saying or doing, as long as it pleased him.  When he touched me it felt like my body melted to his, becoming one.   His scent and the feel of his hard body against mine was all that was needed to completely sedate my mind, while at the same time awakening every naughty part on my body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BY KAYLA: 


I was given this book for an honest review. I enjoyed this series. I read the books quite fast. I love finding new series to read and especially when I can read straight through and don’t have to wait for the next book. I like when books go back and forth with both points of view. It helps me to see both sides to the story. I liked that about Conquer. Who wouldn’t want to see Daemon’s and Paige’s POV’s?

Daemon is so awesome in this series!! He is hot and an all-around good guy. You have to read the first two books in the series to understand the background of the story. Control, Conflict and then Conquer is the end. It is one continuous story about Paige and Daemon and a crazy person who is trying to kill Paige. I liked how all of the same characters are in all three stories. The characters are very well written, and you honestly understand how they think and what they would do in a certain situations.

In Conquer Daemon teaches Paige how to be in control of her life. He makes her conquer her fears, and loves her through everything. This was a great love story. I really enjoyed M.S. Willis’ books and look forward to more books by her. I give this book 4.5 out of 5 stars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M.S. Willis is a romance novelist whose debut novel, Control, was released in 2013.  Although currently writing in the romance genre, Willis has plans to expand her literary pursuits into multiple genres and has no fear conquering difficult subject matters in her writing.  Willis is a native Floridian who is also a photographer and musician.  When not absorbing herself in written, visual or musical expression, Willis is an adrenaline junkie, a ‘closet’ video game enthusiast, and an avid outdoors person and nature lover.
Visit M.S. Willis on her author page:  www.facebook.com/mswillisbooks

Find her on GoodReads here:  www.goodreads.com/book/show/17912005-control

Jason L Lee is a Florida Native. The arts have always been a big part of his life. Science, nature, and spirituality have been inspirations to him. He started displaying his work in 1993. In 1996 he started to venture from drawing & photography into acrylic painting. This led to painting live with local bands starting in 1998. His paintings are now created mainly at home. He uses a combination of impressionistic and illustrative painting techniques to create fantastical imagery. He is currently a Scenic Artist working for The Nassal Company and Co-Founder of the Arts Hub Organization.
www.facebook.com/JasonLLee
www.facebook.com/JasonLLeeArt
www.twitter.com/JasonlLee8

  I started making jewelry in the 80's. In middle school I sold bracelets. In 2004 I started selling my jewels to the public.  I went to The William Holland School of Lapidary Arts to learn stone identification, wire wrapping, and chain making. In 2009 I met Jason L Lee, an artist and curator.  He liked my jewelry and invited me to display in Creative Spirit Art Gallery, at 1st Friday Art Strolls and on Orange Ave.  I have a company with my mother, Tita. We set up all over Florida, have an Etsy store, and Facebook page. People around the country own my jewelry.



Conflict Links:

Control Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment