Saturday, July 20, 2013

Summer of Frost...


Title:  Summer of Frost
Author:  L P Dover
Series:  Forever Fae Book 3
Genre:  Fantasy, New Adult
Tour Host:  Lady Amber's Tours

The Land of the Fae is strong with all four courts banded as one, but uncertainty still remains as they all work together to end the dark sorcerer's evil reign.  Sorcha - the one and only Winter Court princess - has a secret, a secret that she has enjoyed keeping for the past six months.  When a much awaited announcement brings her to the Spring Court, and face to face with the man in her dreams, will she be strong enough to keep up the facade of her icy exterior, or will she melt into his arms like she does in her dreams?

After formally meeting Sorcha at the Winter Ball, Drake - Summer Court prince and army leader - knew there was a fiery passion underneath her winter skin, a passion he wanted desperately to ignite with his own.  However, with her frigid responses toward him he's decided to keep his distance, except how can he when his dreams feel real?  Seeing her again only ignites his interest, and this time he's not going to let his arrogance or her frosty heart stand in his way.

Through unexpected tragedy, Sorcha discovers the one thing the dark sorcerer has spent his whole existence trying to protect, but what makes it more difficult is that only one of the Four is strong enough to retrieve it.  The tides have now changed.  With Drake's help, will Sorcha find what she's searching for?  Or will the dark sorcerer beat them to it, shattering all hope of finding out the one thing that could save the Land of the Fae...how to destroy him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My heart began its erratic beating again, and when I slowly turned around to face Alston, I was astounded to see that it wasn't him standing there, but someone else.  The man before me was not only lethal and sexy, but he happened to be the Summer Court prince, Drake.  His bright, red hair reminded me of the sun on a hot summer day, or better yet, the fire of the dragon inside of him, but I didn't let his charm sway me.  His smoky, gray eyes bore into mine, and when he noticed I didn't melt under his gaze, he tilted his lip up in an arrogant smirk, clearly amused.  Cocky bastard.

"Good evening, Princesss Sorcha.  I don't think we've actually been formally introduced," he expressed regally, bowing slightly.  "I'm Drake."

"I know who you are," I replied blandly.  "I've heard a lot about you."

He beamed.  "Good things, I hope."

"Not really," I teased dryly.

Indeed, I'd heard many things about him.  He was an arrogant ass that liked to show off his skills anytime he could, not to mention he probably had a million Summer fae women lined up to enjoy him in his bed.  I didn't know that for certain, but I could only imagine.  His life was very secret when it came to women, so needless to say, it drew many speculations.  He was ridiculously good-looking, and the longer he was in front of me the more I felt a pull to fall into his arms.  What the hell was wrong with me?

Laughing, he tilted his head and held out his hand.  "How about we dance, and you can tell me all about what you heard.  I guarantee most of it isn't true."

I glared at his hand, and then back up to his face, contemplating on if I should accept.  Before I could take his hand, Alston pushed his way between us, anger emanating off of him in strong waves.  "How about you find someone else?  Sorcha is with me.  I'm sure you'll find another Winter fae that would be happy to cool your bed."

For a second, I stood there frozen and speechless.  In a way, I wanted to see what Drake would do, but I also didn't want to see them fight.  It would cause unwanted problems that we didn't need.  Slow and with determination, Drake took a step closer to Alston, standing almost nose to nose with him.  "So...she's with you, huh?"

"That's right," Alston growled.

A wolfish grin spread across Drake's face.  He raked his heated gaze down my body quickly, before laying his deadly gray eyes back on Alston.  "Keep telling yourself that," he retorted back.

Alston clenched his fists, ready to strike, when Drake gracefully backed up and bowed his head slightly at me, never swaying his eyes from mine.  "Maybe next time, Princess Sorcha," he murmured to me, his voice low and seductive.

Out of all my years of always having something witty or smart ass comeback to throw out, that moment was one of the times I couldn't form words. Alston snaked his arm around my waist, pulling me close, and for that second in time I didn't care.  Nothing existed except me and Drake as he backed up slowly, both of our gazes never wavering from each other's.  He winked at me before leaving the ballroom, and once he was out of sight, everything immediately returned to normal.  My heart beat normally while everyone came back into focus, and that meant Alston and Sarette's angry glares.

I knew then that everything was going to change after that night.  Drake had captured my attention, and I was determined to find out more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I am an avid reader that loves my collection of books.  Writing has always been a passion of mine and now I am glad that I get to share my passion with the world.  I live in North Carolina and I absolutely love being a southern girl.  I spent several years in college starting out with a major in Psychology and then switching to dental.  I worked in the dental field for eight years and then decided to stay home with my two beautiful girls.  I spent the beginning of my reading years reading suspense thrillers, but now I can't get away from the paranormal/fantasy books.  I knew ever since then that if I wrote anything it would be in a paranormal aspect.  Now that I have started on my passion and began writing, you will not see me go anywhere without a notebook and pen.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment