Saturday, July 6, 2013

CT Oliver Spotlight...




Craig Patrice and Amelia Adler meet during Spring Break and they are instantly  attracted to each other.  They find comfort in one another during this little vacation of theirs, but will the relationship be the same when they come back to the city.  The book has fun and lively characters that are very dear to my heart.  I hope that readers will enjoy them as well.

Love of Truth is part of a series.  My goal is to have a sequel to it, The Truth, and then move on to the next set of characters from there.





Author Profile:

Name: 
 CT Oliver

Age:  
25 years old, but mentally I'm 16 years old

Where do you live?:  
I live in the beautiful green Northwest and I call Portland, Oregon my home, but during the summer months I am all over the west coast, spreading my time between Seattle, Portland and San Diego.

Where do you work/What do you do:
I am currently in school working on a science degree.  I'm still a little lost and don't know what I want to do with my life.  I'm still holding out hope to be the next Q for James Bond.

Likes/Hobbies:
When I do have time to do things that I like, I surf, run and hike the mountains around Oregon.  It gives me a chance to be outside and unhooked from technology.  I have recently gotten into knitting and it's very addictive.  If I can find time for it, my biggest desire is to travel through Europe.

How long have you been writing:
I have not been writing long.  I started it as an outlet from the stress of my workload and then I shared it with some friends of mine and they pushed me into publishing the story.

Author Interview (previously done):

Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I'm 25 years old, but mentally I'm 16 years old.  I live in the beautiful green NW and I call Portland, Oregon my home, but during the summer months I am all over the west coast, spreading my time between Seattle, Portland and San Diego.

What genres do you like to write?
Contemporary Romance

What is your newest release?
Love of Truth

What are you working on right now?
I am working on the next book in the series, "Truth"

Any future projects you can hint about?
I am outlining a stand alone book featuring a high school sweetheart kind of love.

As a writer can you give an aspiring author any advice or some of your wisdom?
*Looks around in disbelief* I am currently an aspiring author myself.  I'm still learning the ropes and making mistakes along the way so I don't feel wise enough to give advice.  But I will say this, don't ever give up on your story.  There will always be a reader out there that wants to read it.

If you could meet one character from your books who would it be and why?
I would love to have dinner with Cory Patrice.  He has that playboy attitude that makes him just slightly dangerous enough that you won't care that he will break your heart in the morning.

Are there any other people or authors that have inspired you or helped you along the way?
I have to say that I wouldn't feel confident about my story if not for a special group of ladies who are my beta-readers/support team.  One of the things I learned when I looked into getting readers to look at my writing was that not all blogs/reviewers want to look at your story, due to various reasons - big one was that they've never heard of me before.  I thought that since I'm self-publishing that I could bypass the rejection process that you'd get from editors/publishers with traditional publishing, but the rejections were there.  That's okay, it was just another lesson learned.

How about some fun stuff?
When I do have time to do things that I like, I surf, run and hike the mountains around Oregon.  It gives me a chance to be outside and unhook from technology.  I have recently gotten into knitting and it's very addictive.  If I can find time for it, my biggest desire it so travel through Europe.

What is your favorite activity besides writing?
I love food.  Cooking it or eating it, whatever.  I love it.  I love to try new food, try out new recipes and bake pastries.

Do you own any pets?
Yes, I have little dog that thinks he's a big man, but really he's king of my heart.

Favorite place to travel?
I know most of the west coast like the back of my hand so I would love to make it to the other side.  I want to spend some time in NYC and travel down the east coast, then from there make it over the pond to the UK.

Favorite author you can recommend to readers?  Favorite book?
This is such a tough question because there are so many.  I think that I will name Sylvain Reynard even though he's well known in this community.  His third book, "Gabriel's Redemption" has been on my wish list for such a long time.  I love writing, the culture and art that are twined in the stories, and the emotions that he's able to capture.  It's such elegance and style.

Where can we find you and your books?
My books will be on Amazon, Smashwords and all the marketplaces that Smashwords distributes to.  For more information  on when the book is live, please follow me on my facebook page C.T. Oliver or follow me on twitter @ctoliver503 or feel free to email me authoroliver@gmail.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment