Saturday, October 28, 2017

The Forbidden Wish Review...


She is the most powerful Jinni of all. He is a boy from the streets. Their love will shake the world... 

When Aladdin discovers Zahra's jinni lamp, Zahra is thrust back into a world she hasn't seen in hundreds of years—a world where magic is forbidden and Zahra's very existence is illegal. She must disguise herself to stay alive, using ancient shape-shifting magic, until her new master has selected his three wishes. 

But when the King of the Jinn offers Zahra a chance to be free of her lamp forever, she seizes the opportunity—only to discover she is falling in love with Aladdin. When saving herself means betraying him, Zahra must decide once and for all: is winning her freedom worth losing her heart?

As time unravels and her enemies close in, Zahra finds herself suspended between danger and desire in this dazzling retelling of Aladdin from acclaimed author Jessica Khoury.


~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!!!

I have mixed feelings about this book.  It is a retelling of Aladdin but I struggled through it.  I liked the general idea behind the story.  My main concern was that it didn’t flow very well in my opinion.  I also got a little confused as to who was who.  There were a lot of characters and I felt like I trying to remember who was who at every corner.  The flow and pace were also off and didn’t work well together. 

I felt like one minute I was part of the book and then I lost that connection.  It went back and forth like that through the whole book.  So there were parts that were really good and I honestly almost gave up on the book.  I did however keep trying and I finished it while I was on vacation.  The last half seemed to work best and I didn’t struggle as much as I did through the first half.

All in all it was a good book with great characters and an interesting plot it just needs a little bit of work to make it work.  I would read more about these characters if something became available.  I do realize that the copy I was reading was an ARC and I hope that some of these kinks I mentioned weren’t as apparent in the finished book.

3.5 magic lamps

No comments:

Post a Comment