Sunday, October 8, 2017

Sneaking Candy Review...


A new adult novel from Entangled's Embrace imprint...

One taste is never enough...

All I ever wanted was to make a name for myself as Candice Salinas, creative writing grad student at the University of Miami. Of course, secretly I already have made a name for myself: as Candy Sloane, self-published erotic romance writer. Though thrilled that my books are selling and I have actual fans, if anyone at UM found out, I could lose my scholarship…and the respect of my faculty advisor, grade-A-asshole Professor Dylan.

Enter James Walker, super-hot local barista and—surprise!—my student. Even though I know a relationship is totally off-limits, I can’t stop myself from sneaking around with James, taking a few cues from my own erotic writing…if you catch my drift. Candy’s showing her stripes for the first time in my real life, and I’ve never had so much fun. But when the sugar high fades, can my secrets stay under wraps?


~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW

This was another re-read for me.  I originally read it several years ago but remembered that I enjoyed the book.  The second time around was no different and I easily remembered what had happened but there were a few things I had forgotten.
 
Candice is a TA and Grad student in Miami but she is also author Candy Sloane which she has to keep secret.  After a chance encounter on the beach at the department mixer she has slight feelings for her professor but she doesn’t act on them.  Enter sexy barista/student and the newest dilemma in her life.  As Candice’s life gets more and more complicated she starts to give in and let go.  But is that a good thing?  Does she go for her professor or her student?  Do all of her secrets eventually come out?  Will she finally give in and become the person she wants to be?
 
The first time I read this book I was in the process of going back to school for a creative writing major.  But now that I have basically given up on school knowing that it is just not in the books for me, I have not given up on my passion.  I figured out for myself that while yes it would be nice to have a degree it isn’t necessarily a must to be an author.  It has been a few years and while I don’t write erotic romance I do have a couple of books almost ready to go.  I like Candice have struggled with acceptance and this second read has hit me even harder than the first one did. 
 
I relate well with this character in almost all aspects (I’m missing the men…lol).  I love the plot and there were a lot of fun twists and turns through out the book.  The flow and pace were absolutely amazing as well.  I definitely look forward to reading more books by this author eventually.  This book will also pop up on here again most likely because I can see it being read over and over. 
 
This is definitely a book that should be on your tbr list!  It is inspiring, sweet and fun.  One day I hope to be just like Candice where everything falls into place.
 
5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment