Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Southern Perfection Review...


Life is full of choices, good, bad, and the ones you can’t control. Raegan is perfect in every way, but what happens when life occurs? By day, Raegan is a typical high school student, but at three o’clock, her real work begins. 

Varsity cheerleader, honor student, and proud granddaughter of the Lowery Farm, what happens when appearances are not what they seem? 

Will Raegan be able to hold on to her life or will she be left with nothing? All of these thoughts change with one night, one song, one story, and one boy.


~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW

Wow, just wow!  This was my first book by Casey Peeler and I am in love with it all.

First of all I love that it took place in the south.  It didn’t say much but I believe it said that it was in the Carolinas.  I wish I would have read it last week while I was in the Carolinas visiting but what can you do?  Now about the book!  Rae lost her parents and grandmother when she was young.  She was raised by her Granddaddy and now she is in her late teens and her world is being rocked again.  Not only is her granddaddy diagnosed with a drastic form of cancer but also the boy she lost has come back to town.  She struggles to handle it all even if that means pushing the one person she needs most away from her.  Emmett moved back and the moment he sees her he knows he wants to be more than friends.  The only thing standing in his way is the fact that the guy he considers a friend has a prior claim.  Or does he?  Can Emmett wait her out while she struggles to grasp her new reality?  Can Rae move on and hold it together for the world?  Can this little self formed family help Rae move on when she loses the last family member she knows?

You will laugh.  You will cry.  You won’t see the curve ball flying at you until it hits and then you will be caught at your desk bawling.  Just saying!  Casey created a world of characters that you didn’t want to leave.  I haven’t cried because of a book in a long time and this one had me running to the bathroom at work to just cry it out.  It was pure ugly cry.  I loved the characters and the strength they showed for each other.  It was a pure southern feel to the book that did me in though I think.  The plot was just amazing.  The flow felt a bit off in some places but it was good in most.  The pace was amazing.  I absolutely love the writing style as well.

I personally have added yet another author to my must read list.  I truly look forward to reading more by the author soon.  Such an amazing and quick read.  I’m in love with everything about the book!  Thank you for the good cry (even if it was at work) and an amazing book!

5 southern stars

No comments:

Post a Comment