Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Double Dare Review...



Marybeth still couldn’t believe that she’d survived this long with a friend like Darrin, but somehow she’d managed to beat the odds and not give in to temptation and smother him with a pillow while he slept.


Of course some days were more difficult than others…


For twenty years he’s been biding his time, waiting for the right moment to make his move and now that it was here…
He couldn’t seem to stop screwing up. 



Author’s Note:


Every NFH novel is written so that it can be enjoyed as a stand-alone book with the exception of this one. When I started writing Double Dare it wasn’t meant to coincide with The Game Plan, but it does. So, if you haven’t read The Game Plan, you may want to wait until after you do so that you can fully enjoy this book.

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~
REVIEW!!

For a few short days I thought that The Game Plan was my favorite book in the series and the books couldn't get any better but damned if I wasn't wrong.  This book is now my favorite in the series at least for now.  I haven't laughed so hard, because of a book, in a long time.

This book overlaps with The Game Plan except this book follows another couples point of view.  It was definitely interesting to see Danny and Jodi's relationship from a different point of view.  But this book is definitely about Mary Beth and Darrin.

Mary Beth grew up with Darrin and the rest of the Bradford family.  She even works for Uncle Jared's construction company with her own crew.  She has a devastating secret though and she doesn't want Darrin to find out.  Darrin has always been in love with Mary Beth and knew that one day he would marry her.  Through their insane games of Double Dare they do crazy things but will they survive when Mary Beth's secret comes out.  Can these make it through the trials in their relationship or are they too screwed up to make a go of it.

I haven't read a NFH book I didn't like and as far as I know this is currently the last book in the series and I am hoping for another new one soon.  Mary Beth and Darrin are two of the funniest characters I've read in a while.  I seriously laughed so hard that I couldn't breathe and I had to dig out my inhaler.  I loved this book more than words could possibly say and can't wait to read more of these fantastic books!

5 daring stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment