Sunday, November 15, 2015

Curtsies and Conspiracies Review...



Does one need four fully grown foxgloves for decorating a dinner table for six guests? Or is it six foxgloves to kill four fully grown guests?

Sophronia's first year at Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality has certainly been rousing! For one thing, finishing school is training her to be a spy--won't Mumsy be surprised? Furthermore, Sophronia got mixed up in an intrigue over a stolen device and had a cheese pie thrown at her in a most horrid display of poor manners.

Now, as she sneaks around the dirigible school, eavesdropping on the teachers' quarters and making clandestine climbs to the ship's boiler room, she learns that there may be more to a field trip to London than is apparent at first. A conspiracy is afoot--one with dire implications for both supernaturals and humans. Sophronia must rely on her training to discover who is behind the dangerous plot-and survive the London Season with a full dance card.

In this sequel to New York Times bestselling Etiquette & Espionage, class is back in session with more petticoats and poison, tea trays and treason. Gail's distinctive voice, signature humor, and lush steampunk setting are sure to be the height of fashion this season.


~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!!


I enjoyed this sequel it kept with the pace that had been set in the first book and was quite entertaining. I loved some of the names of the characters...I mean where do you pull the name Dingleproops from anyways? There were a few things I struggled with in this book but all in all it was an excellent book.

Sophronia is coming along in her finishing/spy school. She learns a lot about herself after the six month review for the new students. This book brings boys onto the school as they journey to London. Sophronia may have several suitors by the end of the book. It is a wild tale that hasn't ended yet and I'm ready for more.

The few things I didn't like was it got harder to keep track of the characters because so many were added in this book. I understand it is necessary to add characters but a lot of them were added at the same time and I struggled to remember who was who some of the time. I am also not sure about the loss of Vieve to the boys school. I know that she is a young inventor but she was one of my favorites so I hope that she makes appearances in the rest of the series. Lastly Sophronia is only what 14 and she already has at least one gentleman trying diligently to court here, isn't that a bit young? Even for the 1800's.

All in all it is a great book and I am moving on to the next book Waistcoats & Weaponry! I have found that I truly enjoy Steam punk with these books and can't wait for book number 4 to be released. It's kind of why I am delving into them all now! 


4 steamy stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment