Monday, October 21, 2013

Break My Fall...

Break My Fall Release Day Event Banner

Synopsis

When Leah’s ex-boyfriend Kevin betrays her in a horrifically public way, she leaves town to spend her last summer of college in a place where no one knows who she is, what happened to her, and what she did to make herself so vulnerable.

All she wants is a little peace of mind and some good surfing so she can regroup before returning for her senior year.

After his own tragedy a few years ago, Drew developed an entirely new and unique outlook on life and became a risk-taker, daring and dangerous, everything Leah wanted to avoid.

But a chance encounter forces her to let Drew into her life, little by little, secret by secret. He’s smart, funny, persistent, hot, and makes money in a rather unconventional way.

They share a mutual fascination and attraction, until her past with Kevin complicates her present with Drew, making Leah question her future.

Just as her life seems to be spinning out of control, Leah learns that sometimes you save someone by letting them save you.

(New Adult romance)

Excerpt

Drew put his hat on and pulled it down just enough to where I could still see his eyes. He finally answered, and it wasn’t what I expected at all. “You’re the first girl I’ve ever seen surfing around here. I mean really surfing, not just messing around. That interested me. That’s why I talked to you those times. Because you were different. Like me. You’re a risk-taker, but something’s holding you back. Something happened to you. That’s why you’re here. That’s why you mostly keep to yourself. That’s why you have those walls up.”

I felt my eyes narrowing in anger. I didn’t like this at all. Everything he was saying was true. And it pissed me off. I slid off the seat and stood. “I have to go.”

I started walking toward the door and I had just picked up my surfboard when he said, “Leah, wait. I’m sorry.”

I turned around.

He got up and moved toward me. “It’s raining like crazy, it’s still windy. At least let me drive you home.

I looked out the window and saw that it was still quite blustery. Walking home with this surfboard wouldn’t have been much fun. And it was only a short distance, which meant I wouldn’t have to put up with him for long. I pushed the door open and started to walk out. “Okay. But stop psychoanalyzing me.”

He held the door open for me. “Done.”

Social Links


goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47

Buy the Book

photo


Book: Break My Fall
Author: J.T. Cameron
Genre: New Adult

giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment