Sunday, October 13, 2013

Twisted...


Title: Twisted
By: N.L. Greene
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Release Date: September 13th, 2013

Growing up isn’t always easy.  But for most teenage girls, they can rely on their best friend to help them get through the process.  A BFF is something that is truly treasured and completely irreplaceable.  You share all of your secrets, and are loyal and honest with each other, even when you’re acting just a little bit crazy.  You have each other’s backs no matter what and you form a bond that is virtually unbreakable.

At least that’s what normal teenage girls experience.

Nat and Mel have been bestie’s since childhood and Nat has followed her blindly ever since.  But as Nat’s friendship with Mel begins to lead her down the wrong path, she starts to question the sincerity of their relationship.  Nat starts to see Mel’s manipulative, deceitful ways become more focused on her.  Will Natalie hold on tight to the friendship she’s had her entire life, no matter what it cost her?  Or will she let her heart lead her to a relationship that’s not so twisted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


He had to have been at least a Senior, or maybe even older.  There was a little bit of stubble on his chin, which told me that he was definitely already shaving his face.  His hair was black and a little wavy; just brushing the tops of his ears.  Standing next to Ash, I could see that he was easily a foot taller than her, so probably six feet or so, and from his build he looked like he played sports.  He was tall and thin, but obviously muscular under his dark jeans and fitted white t-shirt.  And his perfectly sun-kissed skin hinted to a mixed heritage somewhere in his background.  As I took him in, he smiled at something Ash said, and then turned his eyes on first Mel, then me.  His eyes were piercing and his lips turned up into a mischievous smile, showing perfect white teeth.  This guy was totally H-O-T!

He nodded his head at me and I smiled nervously back at him before he leaned down to whisper something in Ash’s ear; his eyes never leaving mine.  She glanced at me again with a small smile, before nodding her head back at him.  I felt myself growing more nervous.  I knew they were talking about us - well, I guess me more so than Mel - and I didn’t know if I liked it.  The guy was totally hot, like way hotter than I had ever seen before, and for some reason the idea of him noticing me made me skittish.  Why would he be talking about me?

Ash walked over to Mel, told her something in her ear, and then came to my side.  I glanced at Mel, who had that weird look on her face again.  It was the same look I’d seen before, but had always gotten too distracted to ask her about what it was she was thinking.  I knew I didn’t like that look, though.  It was almost as if she was mad at me, but I knew I hadn’t done anything to make her upset.  I opened my mouth to ask her about it, but I got distracted again when Ash leaned in to me and talked in my ear.  “That’s Miguel.  He’s says if we each give him a kiss on the cheek, he’ll cover our beers for the night.”

Pulling back, I looked at her in surprise.  “Really?  Why would he do that?” I asked in confusion.  I could see him doing it for Ash since he knew her, but why me and Mel?  And all he got was a kiss on the cheek in return?  I raised a skeptical eyebrow at her.

She shrugged.  “I don’t know.  I actually think he just wants a kiss from you, but he didn’t want to insult me and Mel.”  She chuckled and winked at me.  “He asked about you and if you were here with anyone.”

I felt my eyes grow big before glancing over at Miguel.  His eyes were fixed on me and there was a small, roguish smile on his lips.  He winked, but then turned away when someone stepped up for a beer.  I quickly looked back at Ash.  “Are you fucking with me?” I asked in sudden suspicion.  There was no way this hot ass guy wanted me over Mel and Ash!

“Um, NO!  Why would I do that to you, and why the hell are you so surprised?  You are fuckin’ hot, Nat!  Why don’t you know that already?”  She shook her head at me as if were the one messing with her.

I opened my mouth to argue with her, but right then Mel stepped up with a disgruntled look on her face and interrupted us.  “Come on!  Can we get on with this already?  I need a fucking beer,” she said haughtily, and then pulled Ash away by her arm before either of us could respond.

They both walked over to Miguel, where already a small line had formed.  They got behind two guys waiting for a beer, and I saw Ash whisper something to Mel that looked suspiciously like she was fussing at her.  I just moved behind them, unsure of what to do.  I couldn’t focus on them or what they were talking about; I was more absorbed in Miguel.  I had never had a guy ask for a kiss in exchange for a beer.  It seemed weird to me, because it wasn’t like he was getting anything substantial out of the deal.  I was also completely confused about the fact that he was more interested in me than in either of my friends.  No one had ever picked me over them before, and certainly not someone as hot as he was, not to mention older too.  I mean, Miguel was like, the cutest guy I had ever seen.  For real.

Thankfully Miguel was quick with distributing the beers, and Mel and Ash were walking up to him before I knew it; which ultimately gave me less time to freak out about what was about to happen.  I watched as they both leaned up and kissed him on the cheek, and I noticed that his eyes were on me the whole time.  My stomach rolled and my heart pounded.  His eyes were a dark blue, almost black, surrounded by thick eyelashes that made his eyes appear even darker, more mysterious, and sexy as hell.  I couldn’t pull my gaze from his, and he didn’t seem to want to pull his from mine either.  Mel and Ash stepped back, put their hands out for Miguel to put a black X on them to indicate they had paid for their beer, and then he handed them both a red cup filled to the top with frothy beer.  They both turned around and Ash winked and whispered, “You’re up!” as she walked by.  I swallowed hard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 


Okay, so I was all over the place with music I listened to while writing this book.  I didn’t listen to songs that inspired the book, but more along the lines of ones that inspired me to work.  So while I mostly listened to Slackers Top 40 or the 90’s Hip Hop station, here are some that motivated me the most.  :)

1.  Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke
2.  Sail - AWOLNation
3.  Holy Grail - Jay Z and JT
4.  Madness - Muse
5.  I Love It - Icona Pop
6.  Can’t Hold Us - Macklemore
7.  Demons - Imagine Dragon
8.  Lorde - The Royals
9.  Acapella - Karmin
10. Just Give Me A Reason - Pink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This was really hard for me.  The songs I listened to while writing the book didn’t necessarily match the mood of the book.  So here a some that I think best describes how the book flows and the mood of the characters.  

1.  Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield  
2.  Cornflake Girl by Tori Amos
3.  Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
4.  Breakeven - Script
5.  We Can’t Stop - Miley Cyrus
6.  Brass Monkey - Beastie Boys  (I know I’m totally showing my age here, but I cannot imagine a high school party without the Beastie Boys!)
7.  Blurred Lines - Rob Thicke
8.  Friend of Mine by Lily Allen
9.  Little Lady by Ed Sheeran
10. Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Ray
11. Roar by Katy Perry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

N.L. Greene, who is 1/2 of the author duo Riana Lucas, has decided to venture outside of the Fantasy world that she and her best friend created with Poppy and The Deadly Flowers Series to write a few books on her own.  While she loves working with her best friend, writing solo has allowed her to explore interest that had solely been her own.  She spends a lot of time reading her favorite authors which range all over the place and in every genre, but spends just as much time with her husband and two daughters, traveling, shopping, and playing video games.  Nichole was born in Pennsylvania but grew up in Florida, where she and her high school sweetheart live with their two children.




Facebook-  
Goodreads-  
Twitter-  
Website-  
Goodreads-  
Amazon-  
Smashwords-  
Tour Facebook Event-  



No comments:

Post a Comment