Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Beautiful Rose Review...



Beautiful Rose by Missy Johnson


Book #1 in the Beautiful Rose Series



Release Day:  October 24, 2013






Jack Falcon is a new man. Three years after he left his life behind in London, Jack finally feels settled. He’s surrounded with everything that is important to him; a great relationship with his brother, Alex, a bar he is about to re-open, and most importantly, he has control of his life and his dreams. He knows he can’t undo the wrongs of his past, but he sure as hell can determine his future. He has worked hard to move forward and nothing is going to undo that.

Until he meets Rose.

Rose Wilson has never felt normal. Since she was a child, Rose has felt nothing but the overwhelming desire to end her life and she has no idea why. We live to die, so what’s the point in living? Rose has pushed the limits in the past, and pushed people away. She can’t figure out why Jack and Alex are so insistent on helping her. Twelve years of therapy has failed to help her, so why should they be any different?

Jack sees just how beautiful and important Rose is, but convincing her of that means putting his heart on the line, something he isn’t sure he can do. He can’t deny his feeling for Rose, but that doesn’t mean he has to act on them. And Jack isn’t the only one developing feelings for Rose.

Before Rose, Jack vowed he would never let himself fall in love again.

Before Rose, he had control.

But sometimes, it’s losing control that makes you really see what’s really important in your life.








Reviews by Cindy:

Seduce:

When I first meet Jack Falcon these words popped to mind. Egotistical, selfish, womanizing, bastard.
Yet, I LOVED him. Jack is one of Britain’s most eligible bachelors. He works for his father who is a property magnate.
I did mention egotistical, didn’t I?
Seduce is told strictly from Jack’s POV. I LOVE books told from the male POV, books like Tangled. Seduce felt like this type of books to me.  In the sense that its told from the male.
Right now the only other living thing Jack cares about is his cat Mr. Jefferies. I loved how he LOVED Mr. Jefferies. They had such a sweet relationship. I feel Mr. Jefferies allowed Jack to show some emotion.
Jack had many issues to deal with. The abandonment he felt about his mom leaving him and his brother at such a young age. The anger and hostility toward his father for his mom leaving them.
Also his fear of intimacy of letting people get close to him.
Its for these reasons Jack keeps himself emotionally closed off. Doesn’t let people in. Uses sex and women as a tool to feel.
Bella When we first meet her I instantly liked her. She showed spunk, and seemed unaffected by Jack.
I do admit I was concerned with twist we find out about her. I don’t want to spoil the book but expect some twists when reading Seduce.
The ending WOW Missy Johnson really ripped my heart out. I had to walk away several times and go back and finish it. I need to see happens to Jack. How will be deal with the hand he has been dealt. I am looking forward to reading Beautiful Rose. I give Seduce 4 1/2 stars.

Beautiful Rose:

Beautiful Rose picks up three years later from where Seduce leaves off. Jack lives in the USA with his brother Alex. He has bought a bar, and is trying to turn his life around. Although Jack looks to be making progress with moving on, he is still broken on the inside. He still feels incredably guilty and thinks about Belle constintely.  

Jack now is dating or should i say screwing a women named Harmony. Let me tell you she is a real piece of work. I HATED her.
Jack meets Rose in mental hospital, where Alex works. She needs a job, so he gives it to her. He instantly feels attracted to her. But really tries to deny the attraction.
Rose, poor Rose she is just going through life not really living looking for her way out. She has attempted suicide several times. Her first attempt was when she was seven. She doesn't want to fall in love. She doesn't want to leave somone behind if she really does kill herself.
I enjoyed the scenes with Jack and Rose, yet I wish we could have gotten more from them. I LOVED the side characters (except that BITCH Harmony). Alex, YUMMY I am so looking forward to his story. Beautiful Rose is a good read, it had my emotions all over the place. I was happy that Jack had found someone after Bella.
When I read Seduce I instantly LOVED Jack. Yes, he was a bit of a playboy, but that was part of is charm. A loveable yet cocky character. In Beautiful Rose Jack is not the same Jack I fell for in Seduce. He is different, but it is because of what happened to him in Seduce. Although I still LOVED Jack, it wasn't quite as much as I did in Seduce. I missed all the sexyness from Jack that we had in Seduce. While Beautiful Rose is a sweet yet intense story, the relationship between Rose and Jack felt underdeveloped. I had a harder time connecting with their love at first sight. I felt the story was rushed and I was left with many unanswered questions. I didn't feel like they were left in a good spot. I had a harder time trying to feel their chemistry. For these reasons gave Beautiful Rose 3 1/2 stars. 





Missy lives in a small town in Central Victoria with her husband, and her confused pets (a dog who think she's a cat, a cat who thinks he's a dog...you get the picture).

When she's not writing, she can usually be found looking for something to read.









#0.5 Seduce
#1 Beautiful Rose

 



No comments:

Post a Comment