Saturday, October 1, 2016

September Book Haul Post!

So I spent a lot of money on books in September, because over the next several months I won't have much in the way of money.  I have to get out of my current living situation sooner rather than later.  I placed two Amazon orders and two orders at Book Outlet.  I also received the BookWorm Box and The Book Drop Box this month.

I did request a ton of books from different publishers to review but sadly have not received any of them at the time of this post.


I placed two book orders on Amazon this month.  One was strictly a book order and the other well it was for a new $3 power cord for my PS3 and books were added.  One book is not pictured because my mother took it on vacation and I haven't gotten it back yet.  These are mostly books that I have either heard great things about and have wanted to read for a while.  There are two that I picked up because of BookTube.

Order one included:

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
A Book of Spirits and Thieves by Morgan Rhodes
Both of those are book 1 of her series.  I didn't realize Spirits and Thieves was a spin-off series so I don't know if I will read the spin-off before I finished the first series.
I also bought My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand (which is not pictured)

Order two included:

A World Without You by Beth Revis
And I Darken by Kiersten White


On the day I placed my first Amazon Order I also placed an order on BookOutlet.com, where I got these 9 books for about $20 with shipping.  

Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld (this is a book I have been wanting to read forever)
The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace (I have had this in my cart several times so I finally bought it.)

Beneath the Devil and The Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke 
Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons
A School for Unusual Girls by Kathleen Baldwin
(These three are books that I thought looked interesting so I bought them.  I don't know anything about them but the covers looked really interesting.)

Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick (This is a book I have wanted to read for a while.)
The FitzOsbornes in Exile by Michelle Cooper (I had books 1 and 3 so I bought this so one in order to read the series.  Let's hope I like the first book...lol)
Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger (I read this as an ARC and when I saw it I bought it.)
Going Bovine by Libba Bray (I enjoyed the part of Libba's book The Diviners that I got to read.  I plan to finish that book but I hope this book is just as good.)


So Book Outlet had a sale on adult coloring books this week buy one get one free.  So I got on and there were a couple that looked interesting to me.  Then of course what is a book outlet order without some books.  The most expensive book I ordered was one of the coloring books ($8)and they other coloring book was the cheapest (FREE).  I spent a total of $20 (including shipping) on this order.

In this order I got:
Inspired Coloring Travel
Color Me Crazy (which looks really cool and I can't wait to start in on it.)
A Tale of Two Centuries by Rachel Harris (I thought this was book one but it isn't...gotta find the first book now I guess)
Vengeance Born by Kylie Griffin (I loved this cover but no idea what it's about)
Breathe by Sarah Crossan (I have been wanting to read this for years)
Lock & Mori by Heather W. Petty (I just recently heard about this book but I love Sherlock Holmes so it looks REALLY good to me.)
Vitro by Jessica Khoury (another book that has been on my TBR list for freaking ever)



I also got the BookWorm Box this month.  In the box I got a bunch of fun swag.  Book wise I got signed copies of:

Ready to Fall by Daisy Prescott (I have never read anything by this author but I have heard great things about it.)
Unwritten by Chelsea M. Cameron (This book may be part of a giveaway as I haven't been able to get into any of her books before.)




I also ordered The Book Drop Box this month.  I ordered the Teen box.  In this box you get swag and a book.  The book isn't signed but a signed bookplate was included.  The book for this months box was a book that I almost ordered from Amazon on my last order but I took it out of my cart last minute.

The book was:

Walk on Earth A Stranger by Rae Carson (I can't wait to read it)


So I stopped into Barnes & Noble in order to see if I could grab a book or two for the Fierce Reads event next week.  I didn't get any books for that but I walked out with 2 books all the same!  Ugh!

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake 
The Wrath & The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

I have heard a ton of great things about both of these books on BookTube and was instantly intrigued.   The sad thing is I spent the same amount on these two books together as I did on both Book Outlet orders I placed!  That's depressing! 

~~~~~

I can tell you that aside from any ARC's I may receive in the mail and the book signing I will not be spending much money on books over the next few months.  I can also tell you that I overspent exponentially this month.  I have even put all of my subscription boxes on hold again for the time being.  My goal is to have all of my money go towards bills and saving for a move!

No comments:

Post a Comment