Sunday, February 14, 2021

The Bane Chronicles Audiobook Review...

 


Fans of The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices can get to know warlock Magnus Bane like never before in this collection of New York Times bestselling tales, in print for the first time with an exclusive new story and illustrated material.

This collection of eleven short stories illuminates the life of the enigmatic Magnus Bane, whose alluring personality, flamboyant style, and sharp wit populate the pages of the #1 New York Times bestselling series, The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices.

Originally released one-by-one as e-only short stories by Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, and Sarah Rees Brennan, this compilation presents all ten together in print for the first time and includes a never-before-seen eleventh tale, as well as new illustrated material.


~~~~****~~~~****~~~~


REVIEW!!!


Oh Magnus Bane how I love you.  Magnus is one of my all time favorite characters in the Mortal Instruments series.  I have only read The Mortal Instruments Series, Shadowhunter Academy and this book by Cassandra Clare and I look forward reading more of her books soon.

So this was a compilation of Magnus Bane short stories and they were amazing to say the least.  It starts with a journey with Ragnor and their friendship.  You learn about the Hotel Dumont and how it got it's start.  Then you learn about how Rafael turned and how he knows Magnus.  There were so many great tales in this book and it has made me want to go back and try reading the Infernal Devices series again.

As for the audiobook itself...I wasn't as big a fan of it but I didn't have my copy of the book.  I loved the stories and the writing but the narrator(s) made it feel slow and drug on in parts.  I wish there was more depth to the narrator(s) because it felt very monotone and flat to me.  Other than the narration it was an excellent read and I would totally recommend the books as a whole.


4 magical stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment