Friday, January 8, 2016

Six of Crows Review...



Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...

A convict with a thirst for revenge.

A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.

A runaway with a privileged past.

A spy known as the Wraith.

A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums. 

A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes. 

Kaz's crew are the only ones who might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.


~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~
REVIEW!!

This is my first book by this author.  However, I felt like I should have read the Grisha series first.  This was still an amazing book though.

This book follows six teenaged thieves from the Barrel of Ketterdam.  They are asked to liberate a drug maker so they can give him asylum.  However they have to break into the most secure place in the world to do so and thwart everybody else that is after the same thing.  In fighting ensues, secrets come out, people get injured, all plans go awry but they survive?  Will they play the players?  Can these teens do the impossible?

I absolutely loved this book.  There wasn't a single thing that I found wrong with it.  Everything was beyond perfect.  I did feel like there was some detail that connects the Grisha series to this one and that I was missing something.  But other than that I didn't have any issues with the book.  The plot and characters were both fun and dynamic.  The flow, while interrupted occasionally for flashbacks, and pace were both good as well.

I picked the wrong time to read this book however because it was such a busy time of year it took me nearly two weeks to read.  I never wanted to put it down but I had to and it sucked.  I always felt like I was not only a part of the story but a part of that world.  I will definitely be reading more by this author and have in fact already requested the first two books of the Grisha series from the library (I'll have to find book 3 somewhere else...lol).  Thank you for inviting your readers into this world and making it interesting for all of us!

5 crowing stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment