Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My Side Review...


Erin Benson felt like she'd won the lottery when she arrived all the way from North Dakota with the keys to her first home in hand.


Crisp white walls: Check. 
Breathtaking view of downtown Boston: Check. 
Minutes from Northeastern School of Law: Check.

But home is not always where the heart is. Sometimes it’s where you find Mr. Random shacked up and sprawled out on what was supposed to be your new bed.  Between the bear spray and the handcuffs, she discovers a terrible mistake has been made.  Lochlan hasn't broken into her new home to sleep with a seedy barmaid...he owns half.

With emotions running on high, Erin is determined to tough it out until a solution can be found.  The tight quarters seem smaller with his accumulated clutter and bizarre sleeping schedule. It also doesn't help that he's the new lead singer for Thin Ice, an indie band on its rise to fame.  What happens when a quiet bookworm gets stuck with a relentless rocker?  What happens when the things you see are not the things you get?


~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~
REVIEW!!

Erin expects a fresh start in an apartment by herself.  Lochlan also thinks he has the apartment to himself.  But almost  as soon as Lochlan meets Erin he wants  her.  Can he prove that she is it for him?  Can the people surrounding them help her see the truth?  Can Erin let her life plan go and live life as it comes at her?  Do they end up together or let each other go for good?

I enjoyed the writing style and the plot of the story.  It was a fun and unique story in my opinion.  While the characters were dynamic and full of life I wasn't entirely a fan.  I feel that Lochlan and Erin  needed some kind of communication between them.  I think if they actually talked about the important things I would have liked their characters even more.  I absolutely loved all the other characters.  I needed more togetherness and less running or pushing away.

All in all it was a good story and I can't wait to read more like it soon.  Like I said I would have liked it more if the characters communicated with each other more.  But with such a good story line, writing style and back ground characters I still absolutely loved the book.

4.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment