Thursday, January 14, 2021

Amnesia Review...


I washed ashore in a little lake town.

A place where everyone knows everyone, yet…
No one knows me.
I don’t know me.
If a woman doesn’t know her own name, does she really exist?
I don’t know my natural hair color, my birthdate, or where I live.
I am invisible.
To everyone, to everything, even to myself.
Except to him.
I see the recognition deep in his stare, the way it lingers on my face as if I’m a puzzle he’s desperate to put together.
I just want answers, the truth… knowledge.
His lips are sealed. Still, his eyes beguile me.
I can’t trust anyone, not even myself. Someone wants me dead, the same someone who tried to bury me in a watery grave.
They’ll come for me again… I won’t know their face.
I don’t even know mine.
I am amnesia.

~~~***~~~***~~~

REVIEW!!!

This book has been sitting on my shelf since it was published but while I love Cambria's books I couldn't bring myself to read it.  Boy was I missing out.

This book tells the beginning of Eddie and Amnesia's story.  Eddie fishes a girl out of the lake but the girl doesn't have a clue who she is.  Eddie believes that she is somebody that he lost almost 12 years ago and doesn't want to leave her side.  When the girl starts getting flashes of memory things get a little trickier.  Is this girl Amnesia or is she his long lost Sadie?  Can he keep her safe in the end?

So this book was just as intriguing and fascinating as the other Cambria books I've read.  But since I have been in a slump lately I didn't want to read it and not like it.  Now that I'm coming out of it I decided to start the year with it.  I was not let down.  Cambria has a way of telling a story so you don't want to put it down.  I love that the characters in her books always end up saving each other.  This book is no exception.  

I absolutely loved the characters.  I loved the story and the idea behind the plot.  There were moments where I struggled because I wasn't sure if it was a dream or part of the characters life.  There was a lot going on in the book but it all worked really well together and meshed into a great story.  I have already started book 2 so that review will come shortly!

5 mysterious stars

No comments:

Post a Comment