Thursday, April 9, 2020

The Selection Review...


The first book in the captivating, #1 New York Times bestselling Selection series! Discover a breathless fairy-tale romance with swoon-worthy characters, glittering gowns, fierce intrigue, and a dystopian world that will captivate readers who loved Veronica Roth’s Divergent, Ally Condie’s Matched, and Lauren Oliver’s Delirium.
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape a rigid caste system, live in a palace, and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon. But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her, and competing for a crown she doesn’t want.
Then America meets Prince Maxon—and realizes that the life she’s always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

~~~***~~~***~~~ REVIEW ~~~***~~~***~~~
So this book has been on my list for a while.  When I saw it available on Amazon Prime Books I grabbed it up and flew through it.

This is a dystopian type book.  America is in love with Aspen who is in a lower caste than her.  But when the Prince is in need of a wife she puts her name in for The Selection.  She never expected to be chosen but she is along with 34 other girls.  She goes into the selection upset because things with her and Aspen went downhill and she doesn't plan on falling for Maxon.  On her first night America has a run in with the prince and it doesn't go well as well.  In the end they become friends and feelings for Maxon may be wiggling in.  When Aspen becomes a guard at the palace things get even more confusing for America.

Can America figure out what she wants or better yet who she wants?  What happens with Aspen and America?  What happens with America and Maxon?  

I truly enjoyed this book.  It's been on my list because I wasn't sure how I would feel about it.  I'm truly sad I waited this long to read it.  It is well written, funny and entertaining.  I loved America's gumption and stubbornness.  I loved Maxon's commitment to The Selection and running his kingdom.  I kind of hated Aspen for many reasons.  I can't wait to continue this series to see what happens with these characters because we still have quite a few people left at the end of this book.

5 royal stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment