Saturday, September 24, 2016

Drawn Deeper Review...



DRAWN DEEPER by Brenda Rothert is now LIVE!! 
This is the 3rd standalone novel in the Lockhart Brothers series


BLURB:

I’ve come undone. For years I thought the world looked at my family and saw perfection. I was a busy surgeon and my wife was devoted to our two boys. But her devotion crumbled as her alcoholism took over. The outside world saw all too well what I wanted to deny. 

Ten months ago she filed for divorce, packed up and moved away. To where – I don’t know. Nor do I care. But my boys do. And they’re left with me, a man who never learned how to be the dad they deserve.

Just when I’m starting to pick up the pieces, my world is rocked again by the last woman I’d expect. Given her past with my family, she’s a bad idea. But I’m drawn like a moth to a flame. I can’t stay away, even though I know this, too, will eventually crumble around me.



------

REVIEW!!!

Meredith is the town pariah after leaving Kyle's brother at the altar years ago.  Kyle is learning to be both parents after a bad divorce.  When he sees Meredith in his office she offers to help the kids with school work.  Meredith and Kyle might be beginning something but nobody in town likes it except Kyle's boys.  Can they make it work?  Will everybody else let the past go?

I loved this book more than I can say.  It was short and sweet.  The characters are well written, dynamic and entertaining.  I felt like I was a character in the book and I could relate well with the situations.  The plot was different for me as I haven't read anything else like it personally.  All aspects of this story worked well together.

It was a perfect read and I look forward to going back and reading the first two books in this series.  The author has a fun writing style.  I couldn't stop reading this book.

4.5 stars


------

AUTHOR BIO: 

Brenda Rothert is an Illinois native who was a print journalist for nine years. She made the jump from fact to fiction in 2013 and never looked back. From new adult to steamy contemporary romance, Brenda creates fresh characters in every story she tells. She’s a lover of Diet Coke, chocolate, lazy weekends and happily ever afters.

No comments:

Post a Comment