Saturday, September 10, 2016

April through August Book Haul Post!

I plan to start doing this on a regular basis, which will depend on how many books I get regularly.  I did not accumulate many books over the last five months because I knew they would just be going into storage once I finished them.  Yes, I am currently living off the books on my Kindle and the one suitcase full of books I had space for.  However, I am hoping this changes soon.

Anyways, while I obtained a bunch of e-books this post is strictly related to the actual books I have obtained.  Some I paid for, some were won and some came in the bookworm box.  First off is the books that I bought.

First up the books I bought on AMAZON:


In this order I got Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J. K. Rowling, It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover and Recreated by Colleen Houck.

I read Harry Potter the night I pulled it out of the box in just under I think it was 5 hours.  A review will be posted soon on the blog about that book.  

I had just finished ReAwakened (Book 1) by Colleen Houck when I got book 2 Recreated.  I had every intention of reading this book next but it is still sitting there unopened.

Lastly I got It Ends With Us and I still have yet to read it but this unsigned copy will be given away soon as I got a second copy, which you will see later.  You can't go wrong with Colleen Hoover and I have every book she has written so far.


Also from Amazon I bought this Adult Coloring Book based around all the authors and models that attended the Love N Vegas signing event.  I did not go to the signing event but I have been enjoying the coloring book immensely.  I will eventually do a review post showing off some of the pages I have colored.


I have the first two books in this series signed, while I have all of them (I think) on my Kindle, I have been looking for the next books for some two.  When I finally found them I snatched them up.  I actually traded an Amazon gift card for these on one of the many book trading sites on Facebook.  I plan to reread the series from the beginning sometime soon.



Finally under the paid for pile comes the most recent books by one of my favorite authors Konstanz Silverbow.  In June she released Curse of the Undead Dragon King and since I was moving I missed it.  Her boo Magic Me This came out in the last week or so.  I ordered them together and was excited to receive them and all of the awesome swag that came with it.  Two awesome necklaces, several bookmarks, a bracelet and two stones.  I always enjoy getting books from Konstanz just to see what kind of swag she will send this time.

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

Next my Subscription Box...In August I got The Bookworm Box



Now due to lack of funds I have had my Bookworm Box subscription on hold.  I got it again for the first time in August and have missed getting them.  This month I received several bookmarks, a cd by Erick Baker (which is awesome...btw) and of course two signed books.  This month I got It Ends With Us and Love in Rewind.  I can't wait to read the books and am hoping to be able to start them this month.

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

ARC's I won or was sent


In April I won a set of Penguin Books new YA release ARC's and due to starting a new job and moving I haven't been able to read them yet.  However I made sure that they were included in the book selection I kept with me and will be reading them this month.  I started reading Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here the other day and am loving it so far.  The other books included in the set are Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton, The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman, The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury (which I plan to read next), and Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke.  These have all been released at this point and reviews will be coming soon!


Next up is a bunch of random books/ARC's and Galley's that I won from different sources.  I got Sunborn Rising from the author for an honest review back in June.  I am excited to read it because there are a lot of interactive points in the book and the illustrations inside are amazing.  I am not usually into this type of book but I thought I would give it a try.  It will be read soon!  

Where Hope Prevails is book three in a series by Janette Oke (an author that I truly love).  The TV show When Calls the Heart is based around this book.  I got this book from the publisher, Bethany House I believe.  I will be looking for the first two books before I read this book however so it could be a while before I get to this one.  It is a Historical Fiction/Religious book.

The next three were all won from Goodreads.  First up is a Galley of The Dutch Girl by Donna Thorland.  I don't know much about it except that it is a Historical Fiction book.  I love this genre and look forward to reading it.

Next is The Girl From the Paradise Ballroom by Alison Love.  I have heard a lot of great things about this book.  It is another Historical Fiction book and I look forward to reading it soon.

Last but certainly not least is Caraval by Stephanie Garber.  This one is a YA Fantasy from what I understand.  I have been hearing a lot of Vlogger's saying how much they love it.  I don't like to go into a book knowing what it's about so again I don't know what it's about just that I have heard great things and look forward to reviewing it, SOON.  It is very near the top of the list for me.


Finally, I won some swag at a Facebook party I attended hosted by the amazing Lady Amber.  Included in the pack was this awesome looking notebook, a pen, a key chain and several bookmarks.

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

I look forward to posting reviews for all of the books posted above real soon.  At this time only one of them has to wait until I obtain the books before it.  September should be a fun book haul month.  The other day I placed an order from both Book Outlet and Amazon.  $50 (including shipping) for 12 books between both sites was an awesome steal.  I also have The Bookworm Box for September.  However I won't get it in October as I opted to try a couple other subscription boxes instead.  I am extremely excited to get one of them!!!

I also have a couple requests out to publishers for ARC's because there are a ton of books coming out that I would love to review and share with you.  In October I will also attend the Fierce Reads Author Event in Pittsburgh.  Lots of great Goodreads giveaways going on right now too!  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment