Saturday, April 2, 2016

Pride & Prejudice Graphic Novel Review...


One of the most famous opening lines in English literature, the most compelling of stories, and a host of vivid characters, has won Pride and Prejudice its rightful pride-of-place on bookshelves throughout the world. For Mr Bennet, a quiet life is to be highly commended. For Mrs Bennet, finding eligible husbands for her five daughters is the most important of a mother's duties. For Elizabeth, marrying without affection is unthinkable. But for them all, life is about to change when a handsome young man and his equally handsome and wealthy companion, take residence nearby.

Grand country estates, beautiful women, and eligible young men all play their part in this unforgettable story that has delighted readers for 200 years. A story where comedy, heartache and romance interweave to make Pride and Prejudice one of the most popular and enduring novels in the English language.

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~****~~~~
REVIEW!!

This is the classic Jane Austen love affair.  If you haven't read the original or at least seen the movie then you are sorely missing out.  It is one of my all time favorite books and movies and Austen is one of my all time favorite authors.  I have read and seen just about every version so when I saw that the library had the graphic novel I jumped at the chance to read it.

The graphic novel follows the book pretty well.  Obviously it is a condensed version of the book but it hits on the best parts of the book.  I was happy with how well it transformed into a graphic novel.  I wasn't let down much at all.  I enjoyed the art work immensely.  I truly enjoyed the way this book was written and the graphics.

If you want to get your kids into a good classic novel then this is the best way to go.  I have read several graphic novels based on classics and while they are never as good you still get the basic story.  I hope one day to be as great an author as Miss Jane Austen was.  I mean look at how far her works have come.

5 Prideful Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment