Monday, March 31, 2014

Broken Wings Review...



Lynsie Fox has what she considers to be a perfect life. Married to Lincoln, a military pilot, she's living the Army life she's always loved. Being a sucker for great love stories, Lynsie makes it her mission to find Lincoln's best friend and co-pilot, Dax Adams, a good woman. 

Losing the one woman he's ever loved, Dax attempts to be a good sport by playing along in Lynsie's match-making scheme. However, Dax is certain he will never get the woman of his dreams. 

But life doesn't always fly smoothly. When turbulence strikes, Lynsie watches her world crash and burn around her, leaving her empty with broken wings. Despite her grief, can she mend the pieces back together and learn to fly again?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reviewed by Glendalys:

I give this 5 stars.

Lynsie has the perfect life.  She had a nice home, a fantastic marriage to a military pilot and the life girls dream about.  Lynsie and her husband Lincoln were the perfect couple.  They loved each other and wanted each other more every day.  Then one day tragedy stuck and Lynsie's perfect life fell apart.  Dax was Lincoln's best friend.  In love with a woman he could never have he was content to live his life the way it was surrounded by family and friends.  Then Lincoln died and the world as he knew it changed.  This story was amazing and oh so beautifully written.  I read a lot and I do not usually get emotional when reading a book, but this book made me cry.  I felt a pain in my chest and could only imagine the hurt and pain these characters were going through. The author wrote the book in a way you had no way but to connect with the characters.  I felt their love, their happiness and their pain and loss.  I can stress enough how well it was written.  It drew me in the very first page and didn't let me go until the last.  Dax and Lynsie clung to each other after the death of Lincoln and how they got threw it was beautiful and painful to read, but it was a story I would read over and over again.  The story also had a lot of secondary characters that I so hope get their own books because they deserve their story to be told too.  I would so recommend this book to my family and friends to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment