Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Three Dark Crowns Review...


Every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born: three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katharine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.

But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose…it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins. The last queen standing gets the crown.

If only it was that simple. Katharine is unable to tolerate the weakest poison, and Arsinoe, no matter how hard she tries, can’t make even a weed grow. The two queens have been shamefully faking their powers, taking care to keep each other, the island, and their powerful sister Mirabella none the wiser. But with alliances being formed, betrayals taking shape, and ruthless revenge haunting the queens’ every move, one thing is certain: the last queen standing might not be the strongest…but she may be the darkest.

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!!!

So I grabbed this book because I heard a ton of people raving about it on book tube.  I have to say I’m glad I went with my gut and grabbed it.
So this book follows a set of triplet queens who are vying to be the one and only queen.  One is meant to be a poisoner, one a naturalist and the other an elementalist.  But when only one shows any proficiency for their given talent the people feel they should sacrifice the other two themselves.  Are two of them really talentless or is there a different force in play?  Will the other two get their skills by the awakening?  How will it end?
Can you say cliffhanger?  I mean wtf was that?  Anywho, I absolutely loved the plot and the characters of this book.  I felt the flow of the book was slightly interrupted and choppy due to switching between the three sisters.  However, there isn’t really a way around that.  The pace also seemed a little slow but ended up being okay in the end.  This is the second book I have read by Kendare Blake and I am slowly falling in love with her writing and her style.  I honestly connected with each and every one of these sisters.
I will definitely be looking for the next book because like I said CLIFFHANGER much.  You can’t just throw something like that out there and then end the book.  That’s just cruel and unusual punishment there.  I hope in the end these sisters fight the system they were born into and change things because they are each amazing characters!
5 awe inspired stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment