Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Maid of Sherwood Review...


Headstrong Marian du Luc would rather traipse through Sherwood Forest and spar with her family’s antique sword than wear the fancy dresses and ribbons her mother favors. Nevertheless, she conforms to her mother’s standards when her family is summoned to Nottingham Castle by the evil Prince John. Upon her arrival Marian is forced to endure the advances of the Sheriff of Nottingham while she secretly meets with the handsome outlaw ‘Hood’, who has captured her heart with his passion for justice.

Court intrigue tangles Marian in its web when she discovers horrendous truths about Prince John and the Sheriff, placing her life in jeopardy and forcing her to confront the hidden truths in her own family.

Of course, everything would be much easier if she wasn’t head over heels with the one man the Sheriff would risk anything to kill…

~~~***~~~***~~~
Review!!!

When I was downloading this book many years ago I was not expecting this story at all.  I am a huge fan of all things legends and mythical (i.e. Robin Hood, Arthurian legends and historic gods/godesses) so I grabbed this book for the Robin Hood story.  Little did I know that it was so much more than that.  Possible spoilers ahead so continue with caution.

Marian grew up exploring Sherwood Forest with her friend Will Scarlett.  In her exploration of Sherwood she meets Robin and they fall for each other in their brief exchanges.  Then her family is summoned to court something she has never experienced.  Secrets start coming out big time once they arrive at court.  The biggest of which is that her family is the keeper of the sword Excalibur.

I absolutely LOVED this book.  I flew through it rather quickly and loved every second.  I was a bit thrown when they started talking about Arthurian legend stuff in the middle of a Robin Hood legend but it meshed together SO freaking well.  This was my first book by this author and I absolutely loved it.  I will definitely be looking for more books by her once I get a little more caught up with the books I already have lol.  If you are a fan of retellings or legends then this is a good pick for you.  I would highly recommend it to everybody though.

5 legendary stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment