Wednesday, September 26, 2018

All Your Perfects Review...


Quinn and Graham's perfect love is threatened by their imperfect marriage. The memories, mistakes, and secrets that they have built up over the years are now tearing them apart. The one thing that could save them might also be the very thing that pushes their marriage beyond the point of repair.

All Your Perfects is a profound novel about a damaged couple whose potential future hinges on promises made in the past. This is a heartbreaking page-turner that asks: Can a resounding love with a perfect beginning survive a lifetime between two imperfect people?

~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!!!!

This book follows Quinn and Graham as they struggle with an imperfect marriage because they can't give each other what they need.  They meet when Graham's girlfriend is sleeping with Quinn's fiance and go their separate ways only to eventually end up together.  However, Quinn is pushing Graham away because she can't give him the family she thinks he wants.  Graham keeps trying but has no idea how to make her see it doesn't matter to him.

So while I am a huge fan of Colleen Hoover I wasn't thrilled with this book.  I found it extremely slow and it wasn't until the last couple chapters where we read Graham's letters to Quinn that we really understand both sides of the story.  I understand why it had to wait but I felt like it was a one sided story until the end and there were two people involved in the story.  It reminds me a little of Ugly Love (the other CoHo book I wasn't a fan of) in it's slowness.

That being said I would still highly recommend this book because I mean it's still CoHo we're talking about.  I may not have been thrilled with it she is usually a great read, I have only disliked two of them so far.  She has this way of taking a topic and formulating a great story around it.  This book happened to be about infertility and self doubt.  These are topics I personally don't connect to which is probably why it wasn't one of my favorite books.

3.5 lost stars

No comments:

Post a Comment