Friday, November 3, 2017

#Junkie Audio Book Review...


Drew Forrester is a total adrenaline junkie.

His high of choice?

Cars.

The faster, the better.

He’s been making waves in Maryland’s underground racing circuit since he crossed the state line, and after speaking with him, we know he’s not hitting the brakes anytime soon.

So what exactly does it take to burn rubber and make a name for yourself in a world where the only rule is there are no rules?

You gotta be hungry…

You gotta have balls…

And you can never back down.

What’ve we learned here at GearShark?

Drew is all of the above.

We also know he’s got some secrets buried under his hood.

Secrets we think are loaded with octane and just might set the world of cars on fire. 


Check out the full feature article inside…

** This book contains an M/M romance relationship. **


~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!!!

HOLY WOW!
 
So this book follows Trent and Drew as their relationship gets it’s rocky start.  I have never read a book that was of the M/M persuasion I’ve done M/F/M (or variations of that variety) but never a same sex book so I was iffy on starting it.  But after reading the bonus scenes in the new #HookedUp Coloring Book (review to come) I felt the need to jump back into these characters world.  I have been putting it off know that it would take me way too short an amount of time to finish the series once I started it.  But start it I did and I was not disappointed.
 
So this book is all about Trent and Drew.  It starts with a drunken night at the frat house and then the struggle both of them have with the way they are feeling towards each other.  I mean until now they were both portrayed as predominately straight so I’m glad we got to see their internal struggle.  We learn more about Drew and his love of racing and cars and even a bit about his day job.  We learn about Trent’s struggle with running the house and not being at home there.  This was a good lead in to their story.  But when all hell breaks loose can these two make it work?  I guess we’ll find out in the next book how it all plays out (we already know they are end game from the Hashtag series) because this one ends in a freaking cliffhanger. 
 
The new characters we are introduced to are phenomenal and so well written.  I loved seeing the same old faces a little bit and all of the new faces.  The plot was amazing.  As always everything kept to a good pace and it all flowed really well despite the chapters being told by different characters.  Cambria created a world that I never want to leave and I’m glad I own them all on audio book and paperback.  Yes, I’m an addict!  Now about that cliffhanger…now I was listening to this on audio book because my paperbacks are packed away in storage (well in the box in the back of my car waiting to go to the storage unit) because I am once again out of room to store them in the house…but I felt like it left off in the middle of a sentence or thought.  Because, I’ll be damned if I do not want to know what that stupid Magic 8 Ball said to the question.  Like what the heck!
 
Now since I mentioned I read this one in audio book format I have to say I loved the narrators.  They were fun to listen to and knew just when something was needed.  Needless to say I laughed, I cried and I was left hanging.  Lol no I genuinely fell in love with these two even more knowing how their story started.  I look forward to continuing these books starting immediately!
 
5 sexy stars!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment