Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Fallen Audio Book Review...



There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.


Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.



Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.



Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.


~~~~****~~~~****~~~~

REVIEW!!!

I have read this book previously but with the movie coming to the United States at some point (soon I hope) I wanted to reread it.  Since all of my books (yes I own the series) are in storage I decided I would buy the audio book.  I wound up buying the entire series in audio book format for less than $10 and wound up with an ARC copy of Torment (book 2) as well.

Needless to say I got into this book remembering the general story line and character names but that's about it.  It was like reading the book for the first time and I loved it.  I instantly fell back in love with the story and the characters.  

There is a lot happening in this book and somehow it all flows really well and forms a great story.  I enjoy Lauren's writing style as well.  Now the narrator.  I enjoyed the way Justine told this story.  I feel like the narration was lacking something.  I feel like maybe dual narration (male and female) would have been better.  But Justine did a great job in making sure you could tell who was talking.

I look forward to continuing my reread of this series.  It's been so long since I read the series that it will be like reading the series for the first time again.

4.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment