Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Finding Her Way Back...


Title: Finding Her Way Back
Author: Heather Van Fleet
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
Hosted by: Lady Amber's Tours


Blurb:
Meet Callie, a chubby-sexy nineteen-year-old girl who fears high heels, commitments, and has a love/hate relationship with her running shoes. Nine months of college down the drain and all she has to show for it is her freshman thirty.

But alas, life has other crap plans for her--one that includes a strict regiment of "do this and do that" from her she-devil sister, all while trying to avoid the unavoidable. The unavoidable being Ky: the ex-best friend-turned-sex god who lives across the street.

Meet Ky; a nineteen-year-old wanna be country music singer and a boy-turned-man who still wears a proverbial skateboard around his neck from wasted high school days. When Callie returns home, he realizes that she's exactly the muse he's been missing all this time.

Now, if only she can stop running long enough to find out where their love could lead. FINDING HER WAY BACK is a new adult novel about finding love while learning how to love yourself. For all the chubby-sexy girls who tend to feel invisible, this one's for you!


Midwestern native Heather Van Fleet lives in a small town on the Iowa/Illinois border. She’s a wife to her hubby--and high school sweet heart--Chris, as well as a mom to her three little girls, Kelsey, Emma and Bella. When she’s not obsessing over her fictional book characters, cooking dinner, or running around chasing her crazy kiddos, you can usually find her with her head stuck in her Kindle, sucking down White Chocolate Mochas like they're water.

Links:
Website   Goodreads   Facebook


Buy Links: 


Forehead pressed against mine, uncaring about the world around him, Ky’s words whispered over my lips, the coolness chilling me even more than the fact that I was still standing there in wet clothes. “Don’t ever leave me like that again, Calla Lily. I don’t care if you hate me. I don’t care if you want to kick my ass, or kick me in the balls because you’re pissed at the world or me in general. I don’t know what happened to make you leave the rink. But dammit, I do know that you won’t get that chance again. Because from now on, I will be there, and I won’t back down, do you hear me? You. Will not. Run.” I nodded, sniffling. Yeah, I heard every last word. Felt it like it was being sewn and weaved with needle and thread throughout my traitorous, agreeing body. If he kept looking at me like this, I’d fall to my knees…give him whatever he wanted—pain to my heart and all.
Licking his lips, eyes glazing over completely, Ky leaned in so close that our noses were pressed flush now. “Because, Calla Lily Bennett, I. Am. Yours. I’ve been yours for years. And I won’t stop being yours. Ever.”
Closing my eyes was the only way to escape from the sudden abruptness of his words. The brutal, perfect truth and promise that was only emphasized with the twinkle in his eyes. Maybe if I kept my lids drawn, then he wouldn’t say anything else. He’d get the hint and he’d leave. Unfortunately though, a part of me—a very traitorous and emotional part of me—didn’t want Ky to go. I was tired of fighting the pain; tired of living an emotional lie that I was just fine and dandy forgetting. Today was proof of that in the strangest of senses.
But there had to be a way I could get by without actually remembering, right? Maybe my wish of starting over and forgetting weren’t that far off after all. Because I wanted Ky, like Ky wanted me. I just didn’t want what he was going to force me to do in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment